long travel vs standerd

joewest

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. "Long Travel" on a banshee is kind of a misnomer. Consider it "longER travel". Banshee frame-arm pivots are simply too wide to get a significant amount of wheel travel out of the arms without making the bike 5 feet wide.

That being said, Yes, longER travel on a banshee is a great investment. Shocks are not necessarily more expensive than stock length shocks, but generally you will need to buy some brand new for your application. Consider putting aside $1500-$2000 for a top of the line long travel setup. You can get by with as little as $1,000 for a LT setup, but you might regret not spending a little more initially to get the best equipment.

A properly set up shock for you is the key. Both will ride great. Imo standard travel can ride just as great in same conditions. Where does long travel suspension come into play or when is it a must when you are hitting big jumps catching more then 5ft of air ect, or taking a bunch of flat bottom landings. Standard travel shocks have there limits and at about 5ft and landing no matter how well you have them dialed in or set up they are going to bottom out. If jumping and catching air isn't what you looking to do a nice set of standard travel shocks will blast threw the whoops the same way. Hope it helps.

A properly set up shock for you is the key. Both will ride great. Imo standard travel can ride just as great in same conditions. Where does long travel suspension come into play or when is it a must when you are hitting big jumps catching more then 5ft of air ect, or taking a bunch of flat bottom landings. Standard travel shocks have there limits and at about 5ft and landing no matter how well you have them dialed in or set up they are going to bottom out. If jumping and catching air isn't what you looking to do a nice set of standard travel shocks will blast threw the whoops the same way. Hope it helps.

Yeah this guy can tell you how my works triple rates handles the whoops.

His axis long travel is def a way nicer set up. But I'm not far behind this guy all the time. Stock rear and works triple rates set up for who knows what, hanging with a fully set up custom axis long travel.

Where he has me totally beat is launching the thing. There are certain things I will just not do on my bike

Thanks man. That's wat i was kind of figuring. Lt would cost a good bit more. Im gonna get me some elka shocks.

Think i should get +2 or +3? Wat does the +1 forward do for the a-arms? How does that help?

DEFIENTLY go +1 forward . As far as plus 2 or 3 . Honestly I went plus 3 second time around n wish went plus two. With plus to u want to run 3/2 offset wheel also same as factory offset. +3 u need a 4/1 offset wheel for front end to ride correctly wheels aren't cheap and harder to find then most offsets. 3/2 wheel on +3 rides like dog shit horrible bump steer and bouncing back and forth side to side aka to wide. I'm still waiting to put correct wheel on front my bike have to pick them up. But most say a +3 w 4/1 offset wheel bringing the wheel all the way close to ball joint allows for better turning and less bump steer. Thruthfuly they are the same when correct offset wheel is being used for which ever. Hope this helps.

Ok thanks. Kinda torn between +2 or +3. I would like +3 but i dont want to get different wheels. I guess steering stabilizers arent much really. What else would i have to buy with the a-arms? Does everything come with the kit? Bushing,tie rods etc?

Ok cool. Im prob gonna go with asr or lonestar. Most likely stage 1 elkas. The fox shocks r badass but def outta my price range. Plus all i ride is trails and fields. Im sure ill be happy with stage 1 elkas. The stock shocks r just terrible, i get beat up just running across my field. Thanks for the help guess im gonna go with +3