Advice for someone going to dunes for the first time

06BCBANSHEE

well I booked my trip to head to Coos bay,  july 7-11.  Im taking the wife, my bro, my uncle and cousin.  staying at Dune Haven, in the A frame cabin.  looks like a nice spot.

anyways,   any advice on things to bring etc?  I have a pair of sand star paddle tires,  just need to buy some 10" rims.  The thing I was wondering about is my brother has a polaris 400 4x4 quad.  is he gonna be able to go up some decent hills at all?  never ridden the sand before I honestly cannot wait for this trip!!!

also I cut my FMF powercore 2 silencers, and removed the turbine and sparky,  is this gonna be a problem do they check this a lot? 

How are the marijuana laws in oregon?  Im from BC where we are all pot heads, and since weed is legal in washington now.  anyone know if there are places to buy in washington?  are the cops pretty chill about it in Oregon?  

Hoping the weather will be good,  If anyone is gonna be there at that time lemme know.  None of my buddies ride banshees.  Have never seen one while I have been riding in my area :( 

any input greatly appreciated

Make sure you all have flags. You need a atv permit sticker, you need one on every bike. They are $10.50. You also need to take the online saftey class. Visit   http://www.rideatvoregon.org/   you can take the class there. You can't walk around and smoke weed. If the cops smell it they will probably bust you. You also can not legally drink alcohol on the sand.