1 Piston Bog & Die - What's wrong?!

jjdawg336

I need help troubleshooting a re-occurring issue with my shee. This problem only happens on one of the two systems. Randomly when riding, the system on the shifter side will bog and subsequently die. When re-started, it fails to reach powerband. If I gas it or slip the clutch to get the RPMs up, it dies. It idles and starts effortlessly, but once I give it throttle it won't reach powerband, it will just bog bog bog as I throttle it and die. When idling, the exhaust pipe where the issue is happening isn't putting out as much exhaust as the other one. I was successful fixing this once by cleaning the carbs only to have it happen again on my next ride. Before I randomly start replacing stuff, I need some help. Where do I start? The carbs are clean, plugs new, air filter clean, reeds look good, good compression (although I did not use a compression tester). Is it electrical? Where do I start and how do I proceed until I find the issue? I still have the TORS system, should I get rid of that first?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff