New guy here, need some major help!

Tim666

I just recently purchased a 96 or 98 350 that was in a hundred pieces, I got it back together and running. Now I wanna make sure the tuning is correct before I blow it up. Which the 1st owner did. If anyone could give me a good recommendation of what the fuel mix should be 32:1? Or whatever it maybe, What plugs I should run, and so on. Where to set the carbs.

Here's everything I know about it.

Hot Rod stroker crank

Bored 60 over

Blaster pistons

Toomey pipes

Ported and polished 23.5 domes CC cool head domes

No clue on the reeds.

Upgraded stator.

Timing it at 4* adv

It seems to be running pretty good, Smokes a tad bit when you get on it, so I think it maybe be a rich AFR or mixture. At I put a NGK8 heat range plug in it, seems to be burning pretty good. Took it out for a ride got to the top of 3rd had power and all seemed fine, but if I get off the throttle real quick and lock the rear brakes up it will stall out. So I pulled the timing back to 3 and no change, seems to start a little easier with the timing a bit lower.

32:1 is fine,  thats the factory suggested amount, and on the safe side, a lot of guys run 40:1

most also run a br8es unless on alcohol or some other major factor.

does the bike idle when just sitting still or do you need to give it gas to keep it running?