Top end rebuild stumpped?

Jbeck103

Was putting together my top end and i was reading in the service manual theres a rubber coolant plug on each cylinder that goes on the exhaust side. When I took it apart i didnt see anything like that and so am wondering what will happen if there is no plug in there? Thanks

Was putting together my top end and i was reading in the service manual theres a rubber coolant plug on each cylinder that goes on the exhaust side. When I took it apart i didnt see anything like that and so am wondering what will happen if there is no plug in there? Thanks

if you flip your stock jugs over there should be rubber plugs in the just take a flat head and pop them out... my buddy just had a coolant leak into his jugs bc they werent in there he had to fabricate his stock ones to fit in the athena big bore kit..

if you flip your stock jugs over there should be rubber plugs in the just take a flat head and pop them out... my buddy just had a coolant leak into his jugs bc they werent in there he had to fabricate his stock ones to fit in the athena big bore kit..

:whoa:  Say what????  I don't get why you tell him there should be the rubber coolant plugs on the bottom of the jugs and immediately tell him to take a screwdriver and remove them.  Then you proceed to tell a story of how your buddies bike developed a coolant leak when run without the plus..... 

Beck........ripper is right about the location.  Flip the cylinders over and you should see the rubber plugs on the bottom.  If they are not there you need to order some and install them.  Without them they will fill your motor with coolant.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the information. I looked around the internet and everyone else said the same thing. Its weird that i never had a coolant leak before the rebuild??? Unless they fell out uppon dissasembly....either way ill have them ordered by monday so i can finish my build! thanks much!