Motor/swing arm out of alignment?

Ace03

Thats a good idea tricked, wished i woulda thought of that when i built my raptor 750, stuffed an old cb750 motor in a 660 chassis and i fought with the chain alignment. It turned out good except for the vertical alignment which i couldnt do much about other than a spring loaded chain roller. i should get a nice lazer like your talking it sure would come in handy. i wished there was an easier way to post pics than photobucket. it always says they are too big when i try and drag them to upload strait to the post reply part. 

Wow. If you've ridden it that much then there's no issue.

End of thread.

the sprockets are not lined up correctly. no question about it i was hoping others have seen this and maybe had a remedy to fix it...

Have you tried twisting the motor in the frame using the struts underneath?

Most if not all aftermarket swingarms are welded in a jig. I can't see that being the issue. I'd try twisting the motor with the struts.

Other than that, you can't actually verify there's a real issue going on, especially since you've put a bunch of time on it.

Have you tried twisting the motor in the frame using the struts underneath?

Most if not all aftermarket swingarms are welded in a jig. I can't see that being the issue. I'd try twisting the motor with the struts.

Other than that, you can't actually verify there's a real issue going on, especially since you've put a bunch of time on it.

Yeah I took the struts and bolts off and tried twisting and moving the motor it didn't do anything. I thought about stuffing a washer in the rear mount where the rubber washer is but there isn't enough room.

I put a fiberglass flag rod on the rear sprocket and it was about 3/8 off the front and the rod was strait I can twist the rod and it is still that gap of 3/8 or a bit more. I saw the Dyno sheet when this quad was built it made 84 hp but I don't think it would tweak anything from that little hp. i

Sand trax in Tulsa built this quad for a guy and I brought it there to ask some questions about his setup. I will mention it to them and see what they say about it when I bring it back for the battery conversion kit they are making.

Considering how fresh the sprockets are and how much side wear they already have I would like to do something about it