JDS Customs +2+1 a arm skid plates

bluebanshee98

i hooked up with jds over the phone and i would like to announce that he now has available a arm guards/skid plates for +2+1 a arms. these skid plates are for lone star sport style a arms, not long travel. i believe they will fit on other a arms that are +2+1 that are not long travel. when i get some more free time im going to bring them over to my buddys house that has some different brand name +2+1 a arms and see if they mount up and i will come back with more feedback and pics.  one of my friends has full flight arms and my other friend has a no name brand so we will see what happens. these skid plates will work perfect for lone star sport style +2+1 a arms. the price is $300 shipped. it includes skid plates, all hardware for mounting and your choice of powder coat color.  finally there is skid plates for +2+1 a arms! i believe many people will benefit from this product. keep your a arms in good condition, prevent dents and destroying your arms. i would much rather buy a set of skid plates and have a good piece of mind then having to worry or go buy new arms and go through the whole process of installing again. save money and have a good piece of mind.  the skids are made out of 5052 aluminum. the plates are .125 and the brackets are .5"  . they seem very sturdy. there is flaps that go up in front and in back of the a arm for maximum protection. i went with silver powdercoat. below are pics. i would like to thank john at JDS for a great product. i am not making these skid plates, jds is making them. i am just sharing them with the bansheehq community. hit up jds for your a arm guards.

IMAG1129_zps5af7d527.jpg

IMAG1130_zps11276546.jpg

IMAG1131_zpsb14f7e06.jpg

IMAG1132_zps5cb4ef0d.jpg

IMAG1133_zpsc128cb42.jpg

IMAG1136_zpseb77a11f.jpg

IMAG1137_zps5b8ff6e3.jpg

IMAG1139_zps8565d0d2.jpg

IMAG1141_zps1be86158.jpg

Thanks a lot for the detailed write up! This was a fun project and I think they will serve you very well for years to come.  There really isnt enough material to countersink, I think the button heads will work well for you.  I could make them from .250" material and countersink for a flat head bolt but I really dont think that thick of material is desired..  I am also not setup for making dimples, so we will just have to see how this works!

$300 shipped for the pair including stainless mounting hardware and rubber to protect your arms.

Hopefully the list of what arms these will fit will grow int he near future... Id have to thik they will fit just about ny +2 arm out there.

-JD

Soon as I get them in the mail I will get some pictures and some measurements.

Another question...

How come the mounting screws weren't countersunk? The plates not thick enough to do so? I can see the heads of those screws getting chewed up bad by rocks and shit...

• 3 weeks later...

Update: went to my buddys house with some no name brand +2+1 a arms and went to another friends with some full flight a arms and mounted up the skids. the skid plates work great on both these arms. so thats 3 arms total so far. these skids seem universal and should work with a bunch of other arms due to how the design is. i do not know the name of the first set of arms. i have seen some people on this forum selling a set of these though.

Picture001_zps1a571ccd.jpg

Picture002_zps30294a6a.jpg

Picture003_zpsd544f51c.jpg

Picture005_zps2c7d79e9.jpg

Picture008_zpsbaff73ba.jpg