Pro Design Air Filter Flange Install Question

Xhumeka

pro_flow_banshee_300.jpg

Hi guys - I finally got around to purchasing a Pro Flow filter kit, and am curious to hear what you guys use between the flange and the airbox to ensure an air-tight seal?

I expected something to come with the kit to be honest, but there are just 4 bolts - no matter how tight you screw those bolts, I'm sure air can get sucked in between the flange and the airbox bypassing the filter completely.  Are you guys using anything to complete the seal, like a silicone sealant?  If so, do you just install the flange first then make a tiny bead of silicone around it - or do you put a tiny bead of silicone directly on the flange before you bolt it in place?

Thanks guys - any help/suggestions appreciated!

Also, it's a good idea to seal up the next join just before the carbs. The one with the 6 screws holding it together I noticed some dirt getting in and this was the only place left. It has a foam o-ring but I matched it up with a rubber o-ring and sealed it up with black RTV. I also did the same for the adaptor plate.