Lighting questions? Parking Lights?

xjmav

So i have seen a few difftent lighting options, curious on what people prefer and pics of them.  Currently we run 35w halogens on the front and 5-8 3mm leds as marker lights scattered around.  I have seen some of the stuff on dc conversions for lighting purposes and a battery installed. The JDS battery box is pretty sweet too. 

I'm curious on how the dc setup works.  I read somewhere on here that it isnt enough to keep the battery charged while using lights?  Is that correct?  Also has anyone done the dc and batt conversion with a switch to run aux lights without the motor running?  Im contemplating running a set of leds as running lights and being able to have them on when the bike is off.  Think it would be sweet to sit on the dunes with park lights on.  I have almost been taken out by an idiot not paying attention.

Also is it posible to run dc for a battery strictly for parking lights and still have main lights on the ac output?