i need a new banshee... and have questions

Craig_b

yo whats up everyone, i havent been on here in ages, its pretty much 1 year now that i have not been in possison of a banshee or any dirt bike and its depressing, sooo, im going to get another banshee, this is the last one i had and was awsome ...
http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139068#entry1201483  ....

im from new zealand and the ones we have over here are pretty worn out and beaten up so will probably end up getting a crappy old one and rebuilding it from the ground up unless i can source one from the states for a decent price including shipping.
either way i want it to be faster and more powerful than my last.

so first question is complete stroker engines... where the best to go for these, only ones ive found are trinity racing, and then unsure of what type to go for as theres cheetahs,cheetah cubs, supercubs,wampus,serval etc

do these come as complete engines ready to go or am i using my own casing and stator and clutch assyemblys etc? theres not much in the way of details on the trinity site

next question is, what sites are you using for 2nd hand sales the likes of Ebay for bike purchases?

i mainly ride through hilly foresty conditions, farm land, lake sides, rivers as thats where all the trail rides are over here, no sand dunes etc which is a shame so any idea of what size stokers would be good but i am under the impression of bigger is better haha

ill have more questions as i think of them and will throw them at you so thanks in advance, look foward to hearing your comments and getting back into it

oh and also how the hell do i post into the shout box?

X2 about talking to Jeff at FAST

Email might be better than calling as it gets expensive, I live in Qatar and know how expensive it can get but he is easy to talk to and will take the time to answer all of your questions, much like most sponsers here.

x3 on Jeff.  He is the guy that i deal with for all my engine parts and questions.  Jeff is not only a great guy but runs a company that has great customer service.

Best advice you could take......STAY AWAY FROM TRINITY.  Shits junk.

Most of the stuff utilizes a lot of the current motor....such as the cases, clutch setup, and what not.  If its WIDE open (and you don't mind running race fuels) id say run a cub.  If you need more of a low end power style bike id go for a Serval top end kit......both are available in stock stroke, +4mil, and +10mil.  The larger are going to require more $$$ to build.....so you need to come up with a specific budget.

Jereme

awsome post whore mode is on haha, cheers for the reply fellas, ill start having a look into a budget for the motor, and get a average price of the bikes going for sale over here and then add in suspension and extras, would want to get some nerf bars, extended axle and a-arms, throw new bushes etc around and make it better than it would be from new, would most likely need sprokets and chain aswell, i might have a traul through the sponsers section and see whats about.

thanks heaps might wait untill exchange rate is to my advantage then strike while the iron is hot and hopefully the freight wont be too bad

now you say 95 or 98 octane.....but I swear I remember from guys on here.....that other countries 95 or 98 equates to roughly our 91 or 93 octane.  If that's the case its gonna be a little hard to get a REAL hard running cub on just pump fuel......not saying it cant be done....but its just a little harder.

• Like 1

now you say 95 or 98 octane.....but I swear I remember from guys on here.....that other countries 95 or 98 equates to roughly our 91 or 93 octane.  If that's the case its gonna be a little hard to get a REAL hard running cub on just pump fuel......not saying it cant be done....but its just a little harder.

unsure what our octance equates to over here, can get race gas 100octane or something like that but is good hour and half drive which makes if a pain in the arse if you just want to go for a hoon randomly on days off

haha gotchya, the name rang a bell, but i checked on toymods and you wernt a member. 

for your question, wildcard racing on here have been helping me out as of late, and have great prices on shipping. theyve been good to me haha. give em a message.

98 oct is like USA 93/94 octane.

ahh sweet, ill have a look through their site, i was also thinking how much it would cost getting a banshee from AUS as i see you have a few for sale over there and mostly later model ones, as the ones here are mostly early 90's and worn out beaten up and the plastics painted matt black

you are right about octane numbers,we use euro octane rating