Winchester Bay

llehctim23

no camper unfortunately  :down:  the thing I liked about "Dune Haven" is its right in the middle of the dunes.  pretty cheap, if its just me and the wife, the studio cabin was $70 a night.  If I can convince some buddies, we cant get a 3 bedroom cabin for like $140.  The big thing was it has locked up storage for the quads.  I like the peace of mind knowing they are locked up in a storage bay.   If anyone has a link or place they know of that may be better, pls let me know.  Cant wait to hit the dunes.  Just need some 10'' rims for the paddle tires I have

• 1 month later...

no camper unfortunately  :down:  the thing I liked about "Dune Haven" is its right in the middle of the dunes.  pretty cheap, if its just me and the wife, the studio cabin was $70 a night.  If I can convince some buddies, we cant get a 3 bedroom cabin for like $140.  The big thing was it has locked up storage for the quads.  I like the peace of mind knowing they are locked up in a storage bay.   If anyone has a link or place they know of that may be better, pls let me know.  Cant wait to hit the dunes.  Just need some 10'' rims for the paddle tires I have

Hey man, that's the exact house my family and I have stayed at the last few years, trust me you'll love it.  What are the dates that you'll be down there in june?  We're going from june 22 through the 28 and we're staying down the road in a different rented house.  It's a pretty easy place to ride, not too many steep hills, but plenty of tree trails and scenery and its only a two mile ride from the beach.  Fun for beginners and fun for experienced riders.  Let me know when you're going we can get a ride into boxcar

Hey man, that's the exact house my family and I have stayed at the last few years, trust me you'll love it.  What are the dates that you'll be down there in june?  We're going from june 22 through the 28 and we're staying down the road in a different rented house.  It's a pretty easy place to ride, not too many steep hills, but plenty of tree trails and scenery and its only a two mile ride from the beach.  Fun for beginners and fun for experienced riders.  Let me know when you're going we can get a ride into boxcar

Ya it looks like a awesome spot.  Are you able to get to winchester by riding there from the dunes?  or do you have to load the quads up and head to the parking lot at windy bay?  turns out we are going to be there from july 7-11 at the A frame cabin.  whats boxcar?  this is my first time heading to Oregon, I am so stoked to go, it looks amazing.

So are there quite a few places to rent cabins/houses that you can ride your quads to the dunes from? That sounds pretty sweet.

when I was looking online for a place to rent and CL there were a lot of houses to rent close to the dunes.  But not a whole lot places directly in the dunes.  The thing I love about this place is its right in the middle, on a private lake.  Dont have to load all the gear up and head out.  Only thing im not sure of is, if there is dune access to winchester Bay.  If we have to load up and go there a cpl days no big deal tho, its like a 10 min drive apparently.

I will definatley check out boxcar, would be cool to see all the 10 mill monsters out there.  I still have not seen one other banshee while out riding in my area.  Its sad really.

July 7 cant come fast enough!!

when I was looking online for a place to rent and CL there were a lot of houses to rent close to the dunes.  But not a whole lot places directly in the dunes.  The thing I love about this place is its right in the middle, on a private lake.  Dont have to load all the gear up and head out.  Only thing im not sure of is, if there is dune access to winchester Bay.  If we have to load up and go there a cpl days no big deal tho, its like a 10 min drive apparently.

I will definatley check out boxcar, would be cool to see all the 10 mill monsters out there.  I still have not seen one other banshee while out riding in my area.  Its sad really.

July 7 cant come fast enough!!

Unfortunately no you can't get to Winchester from the coos bay dunes, its blocked off.  And yea the lake is pretty sick we would take kayaks out on it all the time.  Lots of fun you'll have a great time!  Boxcar is about a half hour ride south from the houses, maybe a little less.  If your banshee is anything like mine, bring fuel