Right side missing and staying cool... need help

03bansheedw

Here is my situation; first the bike, stock motor, put new rings on about 15hrs of riding on them, stock carbs w/tors but not plugged in 360 main 25 (stock polit), k&n air filter with box but no lid, boysen reeds, PT mid range pipes, fat boy silencers, repacked 5 hrs of riding on them(how ever they had cracks where the skinny part of the pipe met the silencer) i've just been jb welding it every few rides, buying some used pro citcuit silencers from nastyracing on the way now . ( i never took the old silencers apart yet to see if the packing ended up all fucky)

So i leaned the bike out on the right side, boost bottle cracked intake,( put my cross over tube back on now) spak plug was almost white. so i put new intake boots and cross over tube on and now it seems to be misfirring and blowing cold smoke out the right side.  it will still rip and hit power band in each gear, starts fine and even idels ok( i mean it runs but right side is blowing cold smoke and doesn't have the same timing and force as the left side) if i rip it  up the road i can stil feel the mis fire every where in the throttle and the right pipe will eventually warm up a bit, when it is at idel and I blip the throtte a shit load of smoke comes out the right side and barly any out the left( which I think once its warmed up it desn't produce too much smoke any way) but why so much on the right side?

Things i've checked;

tryed new plugs, and older plugs that where burnt perfact choc. brown

compression test, 122 left side 119 right side

swaped plug wires

cleaned carb very well

reeds look fine

warmed it up and swapped carbs from side to side( used a 10inch clear hose i had for the choke tube)

took head off, check for warping with  i think .003 feeler gauge ( i have a clymers book at the garage) it was in spec

the right side dome seemed to be almost clean and left side a litle dark

pistons looked ok from the top there was a little ding on the edge of the right one, didn't seem too serious, tiny bit of play when i put the pistons at a half stroke postion so they where at the same height, but both were the same.

so now i'm waiting for the silencers that are not fucked like mine were,......if that doesn't help where do i go next, most poeple are telling me cdi, flywheel, stator.... but i thought changing the plugs wires from one side to the other would eleminate electrical since when i did that there was no change to my problem.

Sorry this topic is so winded.... any help is greatly appreciated.

The Associuation, i swaped sides with the carbs(put the left on the right side and the right on the left) and the problem did not follow.

1_shee, yes i clean both the piliot and main very well, and carbs seemed to be synced fine, while its running and i look inside and blip the trottle it looks like they move exactly the same and that the same amount of fuel is moving toward the reeds.

I looked at the right side reed and it looked fine to me, but i never swaped sides to see if it follows(next thing i do once i get the new silencers)

Jereme6655, i know 360 seems huge, but its ran great with this set up for a long time, choke tube is in good condition, carbs look sync'ed with my eye,i need to build a leak down tester, thats my weekend plan, i know i can find how to build a leak down tester on this site.

thanks for the input lads,keep it coming if you have more ideas.

Hello everyone newbi here and I have the same problem xcept mine when throttled bogs down.. I just bought this bike and replaced stator and flywheel although the stator is new its a cheap pos..
does it let you rev at all because if it doesn't let you at all then check the parking brake it will tell the carbs to limit the gas it happened to me. It's to prevent talking off while the parking break is engaged and sometimes goes faulty,

the association, the right side does not burn good when at idle, it stays cool and puffs smoke irractiallty( it doesn't have a steady beat like the left side does) i ordered new reed peedles just to be sure, i have my silencers on the way, and i built my leak down tester today at work when i had some spare time, its like minus 15 degress here right now, so i'm waiting for the weekend and i'll go to my work garage un thaw my bike and get the leak down test done and hopefully the reeds will be in the mail tomorrow,... |'ll report back Sat nite with my results..... also you mentioned loading up....does this mean reed peedles open way too much? i odn't think that is the case cause the spark plug dosn't seem very wet, would a super wet plug be a sign of this?

thanks guys

Could be dumping to much in and not burning correctly... If you have good spark. Good compression. Like you stated. You only have 4 steps back to go. Reeds, boots, carb, air filter..

Take reed cage out, look threw them and if u can see light around flaps get a new set.. Carbon fiber last longer.

Make sure carb boots are sealed!

Look in HQfourms and take a lesson on jetting to your area specs.

Clean that air box bro, dont over oil a K&N!!!!! ****DONT OVER OIL!!**** (if you take lid off make sure to jet her fat, leave her lean and she'll blow a load)

Oh watch that cross over tube on carbs it still gets me time to time..:angry:

But make sure you get your leak down test done.. °good luck° :)