Stock carb question

thekevin

Ok, if these questions get too dumb just tell me to shut up.  I have no tors and have the holes drilled in the sides and threaded and idle screws in.  I just noticed last week that one of my idle screws had backed out and had been missing for who knows how long.  I ordered a new screw and got it in and decided to also replace my old fuel lines and clean some stuff up.  I set the air screws at 1.5 turns out and put the new idle screw in and this stupid thing won't idle for shit now and has a pretty good bog when I first give it throttle.  My main question is how do I know if the idle screws are doing their jobs, are they supposed to lift the slide the more you screw them in.  On one carb the idle screw is threaded all the way to the head and my new one is only threaded about 3/4 of the way.  The crazy thing is that before I jacked with it today it was actually running pretty good.

did you put the slides back in correctly, the cutouts/half moons face the air filter.

yes the idle scews should push the slides up as you screw in the idle screws. You can back the idle screws out until they dont contact the slides, then slowly screw them in until you feel them just touch the slides then go a full turn in. then let it warm up and set you idle just make sure each screw gets turned either in/out the same amount. Best thing would be to make your own carb sync tool but this should get you close.