Porting Templates

FraireRacing

There ya go, I see I'm not the only one that thinks that it's not impossible for someone to build your own toys. I have a lot of toys and race in almost everything here locally. I race at the local 1/4 mile track in three classes 1st Pro Mod with a Nova avg 9.40 sec ALL MOTOR and 8.70's on Bottle, 2nd Modified and I race my other Nova 10.20 All Motor, 3rd is Stock Modified I race my 99 Gt Stang I run 11.50's Daily Driver. I also race in the Mudd Boggs I have a 79 Blazer with a 427ci BBC and avg 3.8 sec in the 170 ft or 3.2 with bottle in OPEN Class, gonna take it to the Sand drags and run this year with it in the Super Mod Class, As for the Sand Drags and have a 2006 Sand Spite Stage 3 Sand Rail with a fully built Turboed and Nitrous fed 2.3 4 cyl ford with vw tranny and I average out about 3.7 sec in the 300ft. I am one of only 2 4 cyl's in the OPEN Class. I also race my banshee there It is stock stroke but I have 65mm Vitos SS pistons, i have mx hardcore ported jugs from hjr, Cool head with 18cc domes, a big aluminum radiator, a pro desing water pump, pro desing advance plate, Ricky stator, Dyna programmer, V force 3 reeds, 1/4in spacers, a 2 into 1 Y, 38 pwk, twist throttle, r1 clutch, hinson basket, Litghtned and balanced flywheel, overied tranny, T5 pipes, 14th front with 40 tooth rear, on 21x10 8 paddle hualers with 20x8 mohaks, as far as suspension I have plus 2 plus 1 in front  with works dual coil nitrogen shocks with resevoir and adjustable rear with resevoir and a plus 6 swing arm. I don't really know what I average out with it as far as times but I know I'm one of the fastest here at the local dunes. pretty hard to keep in on the ground lol. Now I'm trying to build my other Banshee to full drag but trying to do the porting myself on a set of bb jugs that i have.

All of the toys I have are ALL built by me I Strongly encourage evryone else out there to find some courage and try to build and port their own toys out there. It truly feels so much better when you see the outcome of it and it runs amazing!!! oh and make sure you first start experimenting on spare parts before you do your running engine lol!

Thanks again guys and like I said I build everything now I'm starting on banshee's so please bare with me and help me out with any Q's I might have in the future, Thanks in advance

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/71/995/4905/ITEM/Motion-Pro-Degree-Wheel.aspx?SiteID=Google_PLA995&WT.mc_ID=10012&esvt=0-GOUSC&esvadt=9-0-3886819-1&esvaid=30548&kw={keyword}&gclid=CI-136_di7UCFawWMgodAA8Asw

Need one of these too ^^^

Don't know if you will find much using search, might have to manually scroll thru threads. But look for any exhaust and transfer port timings and start working towards those numbers. You are lucky because you have a set of ported cyls to see what a "Pro" port job looks like. Maybe throw the degree wheel on it and see what it's timings are. Remember you can always take more out, but you can't put it back.

You mentioned big bore cyls, are they stock jugs sleeved or A.M.?

11B1D966-6104-49FA-877C-FDCA8DD99EAB-249

4BCEF242-5014-4043-B153-C298896BE4F1-249

A526EC43-CDCA-4305-B68C-18588427C0AA-249

Took me well over 20 hours. Hardest most time consuming thing I have ever done on the banshee. I used the race logic templates, and I had my professionally ported cylinders off at the time so I used both and came out with this. Will it run good? I fucking hope. But if not, lesson learned and I know what not to do.

Give it a shot. Just take your time and get the right tools. Also get a good seat and good lighting, you'll be sitting there a while

11B1D966-6104-49FA-877C-FDCA8DD99EAB-249

4BCEF242-5014-4043-B153-C298896BE4F1-249

A526EC43-CDCA-4305-B68C-18588427C0AA-249

Took me well over 20 hours. Hardest most time consuming thing I have ever done on the banshee. I used the race logic templates, and I had my professionally ported cylinders off at the time so I used both and came out with this. Will it run good? I fucking hope. But if not, lesson learned and I know what not to do.

Give it a shot. Just take your time and get the right tools. Also get a good seat and good lighting, you'll be sitting there a while

are you going to do the transfers as well? what did it degree out at? hopefully you will like it!!! I'm actully doing my 535 cheetah now as well