Motor Siezed

mhoksch

So I knew my jetting was a bit lean, but it was so nice out today I had to go try and get 1 more ride in on the ice.  Needless to say, I'm a dumbass...

So motor is seized up, I've got extra jugs, case, 4mil crank.  Looking to send it out for porting and a build this week.  Need recommendations for builders, I've been reading alot on here and everyone had their own preferences. 

debating between Passion 12 port or HJR... open to other suggestions but I plan on sending the motor out on Tuesday

I would send it out for porting and build it yourself to save some money.

That's the plan.  Just a bit nervous, I haven't rebuilt an engine in about 10 years. 

My main thing is just picking who I want to do my porting.  I'm hoping to get into some flat track racing and go on 2 trail rides every summer, it just looks like most of the builders here specialize in dune bikes.  I guess I'll jsut have to make some calls on Monday and talk to them.

These motors are pretty simple little puzzles to put back together. Just get a manual and you SHOULD be fine.

As far as Porting, there are a multitude of builders on here. But you did post this in the flat track section so I'm guessing you would be best suited with a builder who knows that type of racing personally. There have been some lackluster results with HJR motors lately especially in the flat track/TT type motors so don't let that fast turn around time lure you in. Besides he does drag and dune motors not Short track stuff.

My vote, get a 4mm 12 port set up from Jim at Passion. A lot of guys talk shit about his pipe venture with some idiot, but his stock cylinder set up is second to none. And he made his name doing the flat track motors for banshees. Mine is Bitchin!

• Like 1