Adjusted timming to +4 now it wont rev just idle.

ric-ross1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pick up gap is 20 i used a filler gauge or whatever is called. I put all the wires the axact same way they were before, i used the tusk flywheel puller same desing as jeff at fast, key she was in there flat like it should.

What else was done? Nothing just changed the timming plate.

Can you check the resistance on the stator? i dont have the tool but i can buy one.

OEM stator or aftermarket? Came with the bike when i got it is like a white color rubber/plastic around it.

By air gap you mean the space from the flywheel to the pick up thing on the side with the magnet.

Yep, your flywheel has two of those bumps.  Check them both.

Put the timing at zero, see if that fixes things.

4 degrees will give you a noticeable bump from bottom to mid RPM ranges, without effecting too much on the very top.

It should not do what you're describing, So something isn't right.  If the key is in right, everything is tight and the gap is correct, it's a bad stator or bad flywheel.

Yep, your flywheel has two of those bumps.  Check them both.

Put the timing at zero, see if that fixes things.

4 degrees will give you a noticeable bump from bottom to mid RPM ranges, without effecting too much on the very top.

It should not do what you're describing, So something isn't right.  If the key is in right, everything is tight and the gap is correct, it's a bad stator or bad flywheel.

I only checked one to be honest.

I will change to 0 when i get home and make sure the key is in place.

Thats the reason i bought it for better low and midrange power.

I just bought the tool to check the resistance and i didnt drop the flywheel or nothing i used the right tool to pull it.

I dont have tors nor parking brake.