BANSHEE NOT SMOKING EVENLY

Alright i hope some one can help me i bought a 2005 banshee with cpi inframe drag pipes and a few other things... But any way when at idle it smokes a lot out of the left and hardly any out of the right and when you rev it up more comes out the right but not near as much as the left.. but the smoke is white so its not a seal... but when i pull the choke out on the right side [ side that doesnt smoke much] it seems to smoke evenly... i am worried and dont want to run it without knowing what the deal is!!! any help AT ALL IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Have you oulled the carbs apart to make sure the PO didnt jet the carbs differently? There are some stupid people out there.... Pull the carbs off, clean them up well and SYNC them. While you have the carbs out, check your reeds to make sure one side isn't broken. You could also have one air filter more clogged than the other one, if you have pods....Check it out and report back!

but the smoke is white so its not a seal...

the white smoke could be from a bad head gasket......leaking coolant going into a cylinder will burn off as white smoke. 

also....the amount of smoke issue could be the carbs being out of sync....

well i dont think its a gasket cause the coolant stays the same...but i think that the carbs are possible :down:

ok im trying to order it but dont know how its not like ebay, do i have to call him? this is a pain banghead

this is a PAIN? SERIOUSLY? wow......all you gotta do is call jeff and say I want this. its way easier than having to bid on shit. and when you have a question you can actually get an answer.....not to mention a professional builders instructions....

• 3 weeks later...