Rear master cylinder has no fluid coming out

01bansheefox

My rear brakes dont work so i picked up a used rear master cylinder off someone on here and it still wont work... I removed the line coming from the cylinder going to rear pads and no oil comes out when the rod is compressed and fluid is full. Shouldn't it be leaking out??

Yes oil = brake fluid its an oil based fluid is it not?

Fluid flows to the cylinder just fine from the ressy but when the line that goes to the caliper is removed from cylinder and I apply pressure to the rod no fluid comes out of the bolt hole im guessing thats an easy way to tell it needs a rebuild? Just curious for my own knowledge

Yes oil = brake fluid its an oil based fluid is it not?

Fluid flows to the cylinder just fine from the ressy but when the line that goes to the caliper is removed from cylinder and I apply pressure to the rod no fluid comes out of the bolt hole im guessing thats an easy way to tell it needs a rebuild? Just curious for my own knowledge

NO, brake fluid is NOT a petroleum based fluid like oil is. If you put a petroleum based fluid in your brake reservoir, you have just RUINED the seals in the entire system. Assuming you used the correct fluid, you may just need to bleed the system properly. If you have properly bled it, then maybe it does need to be rebuilt.

i know when i put my plus 10 swinger on it literally took for ever to get the brake fluid to come out of the end of the hose but i did notice if you put your finger over the hole and just leave a very small opening and try it comes out allot faster maybe some kind of pressure that needs to build up or something 

i would put the hose on and leave it disconnected at the rear caliper put your fingers over the holes and try like i said it will prob. take forever but will eventually come out unless you need a rebuild 

also have you tried to pre fill the line that will help allot 

Pump the peddle a few times then crack the banjo bolt at the ressy... When ya start getting fluid there move onto bleeding the system from the banjo bolt at the caliper... When ya start getting a peddle move onto bleeding the system at the bleeder port at the caliper... Fastest and easiest way I have found to bleed rear brakes on a banshee

Pumps are good but here is a hillbilly way. Crack the nipple and place clear rubber hose on the nipple. Make sure the hose is long enough for you to raise it higher than the master cylinder. Suck on the hose until you have fluid in the hose.

One you get to this point, tighten the nipple. Then commence the brake bleeding process.

Sound dangerous but its no different than when you siphon gas.