key ignition backwards

mcostios

Hey guys searched and couldn't find a thread so i figured id start one. When my shee was running it would only start with the key turned to the off position. Any ideas why? I bought a new key ignition and it runs the same way. Even tried to re-wiring the ignition and it still only runs when key is in the off position. 

Hey guys searched and couldn't find a thread so i figured id start one. When my shee was running it would only start with the key turned to the off position. Any ideas why? I bought a new key ignition and it runs the same way. Even tried to re-wiring the ignition and it still only runs when key is in the off position. 

If it runs leave it alone

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I'll take a shot at this. Someone decided they didn't want the key switch so they removed it and connected the red/black wire to ground.(proper) Then some moron decided he wanted a key switch, so he put one back on and connected into the black/white and black wires(the kill switch circuit). Possibly even into the TORS connector.

In order for the bike to run, the red/black wire must be grounded and the black/white wire not grounded.

So, the key switch is closed in the run position and the kill switch is open in the run position.

So, in your case, turning the key to on, closes the contacts, connects black/white wire to ground and kills the motor.

Thanks Starwriter ill have to take a look at it and see what the deal is when i get home. When i bought the bike it had a key switch and a safety kill switch and tors removed and all the tors wires. I disconnected the safety kill switch bc it was all rigged up. I rather just remove the ignition. I was also thinking about adding a battery to run the lights but first i wanna get everything else worked out. Thank you everyone!

• 1 month later...