Banshee vs rd?

jcormode

Alright everyone I'm a newbie on ere so go easy with. I bought a banshee that was a none runner and found all sorts wrong with it to date but its running now (ish) what I need to know is does the rd stator, mag, loom etc work with banshee and do the carb work the same without any major jetting ect.

Reason being is that I have a race ignition with no lights on it which I want and my carb sliders have worn and are sticking. Don't have that much more cash to throw at it and I've found some rd350 bits cheap.

Hopefully you guys can help thanks

End time: 2 Jan 2013 15:41:55 GMT

View item:

yamaha rd350lc rd250lc stator and flywheel with uncut plugs

This is from the same bloke, he says its the same as this one, but unsure regards banshee he knows the rd fits the rz, which doesn't help much I'm going to try and measure the spindle today and see if it matches but like speedy says it probly won't fit no harm in double checking, with carbs I would like to go bigger but definetly don't think ill go with 39 I've got some carbs off my Tri z's but I think those are too big

The 34's are a little big. But that was why I mentioned that it would come at the sacrifice of a little low end, but then the thing would really pull through mid to top. Not to mention that they would really compliment about any build but a drag set up. I only mentioned them for you because they are every where for really cheap. The 28mm PWK's would probably be the hot ticket for that bike though. I just can't seem to find them much cheaper.

Yea I think I'm gona hold out for some pwk's like you've said something around 28mm I've blown all my cash on prezzies so ill be Saving up no matter anyway now. I've contacted electrex and they sell a lighting mag for £250 so if nothing comes up at least there's that and I can sell the race one. Cheers everyone, new this was best place to come.

For a smaller motors the 28mm keihin PWK's are nice. Steer clear of those OKO knock offs. If you aren't to worried about keeping snappy low end and really want it to pull, there are sets of 34mm PJ's every where for way cheap

OKOs are fine

I don't run them on my banshee but on another machine. cheap, replacement parts & jets available. no problem. Powerjet is cool with me too.

Pj's are a little harder to tune. Now im sure there are people with pj's out there who can tune them just fine. But i find the idle circuit being on the choke a pain in the bum.

yea that true burt. it was alot easier once i got used to how the idle circuit reacts to jetting. i got pwks on my other bike and yes there easier.