just joined the club.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Went and worked on it today. going to get a few things changed up. 

I added a YZ450 master cylinder to rear to get rid of remote rezzy for fluid. and just taking everything apart really to start with all the MX stuff. 

and i got some white laker custom plastics. they look and fit better with this setup.. and gotta find some rings for the hipers. green clashes as well, 

Heres a shot. Ill have to get the a-arms powdercoated since the orange will also clash a tad LOL. and in search for an aftermarket swingarm too. 

going to relocate that raidator rezzy to the back somewhere. fab up a bracket for that. will gut the harness too and i have a modquad head, timing plate, and Vforce reeds to go in. give it a little more pep. man this is going to be a fun ass bike. 

IMG_6568.jpg

IMG_6569.jpg

got to work on it yesterday. got front end installed and reamed the spindles since i went with the moog joints that LSR uses. all 4 joints for 46 shipped and LSR wants 55 each! no thanks LOL. we know your game now suckas!!.. 

but i got rear shock mounted up and rezzie run up front. little weird how axis has the front rezzies and there mounting tabs. but ill play around with it. 

waiting on the houser swingarm and i need to find a fat bar mount with bushings. 

all in all i have to still install cool head, timing plate, and V force reeds. then once i get everything lined out ill ride it for awhile to see what i want to change. first things first. gotta get a better radiator. i dunno what kinds on there but its small and i dont like it. 

then when i get time. if i ever. ill take a few things off to send to dallas to get chromed and then itll be sweet bling bling. 

but should be running ready to ride next week finally. weather should clear up here and im going to clarksville or caswells to ride it awhile. 

nah i bought it from a guy who bought the frame and stuff from some guy in cali who did a complete series on these builds. all those pictures i posted in my 1st post was his build and some reference stuff .

he took it to little Sahara and rode it allot. but he said it did have overheating issues pulling big big hills. but normal riding it was fine. its some dirtbike radiator i thinks what he said.. but they touch the pipes also. and i dont like that. 

but nah a buddy of mine bought all that brand new back in 2005 and put it on his bike. ran it 3 times and parked it. i got all that for some gold. 

when i got this bike. guy had plus 3 full flights and stock shocks. sat way to low and rode ok. but after this. it should fly and handle very nice. 

the left pipe rubs the arms just a little. i think its a fitment issue. but ill see how the ZPS stuff works before trying to mod the pipe. 

• 4 weeks later...

ok got it almost done. just need to put in the v force reeds and timing plate and tune it up. already got the cool head torqued down. ready !! and dont mind the crazy color combo's going on. buying used parts has setbacks. but once i get it dialed in and kick of MX riding more ill send it to powercoaters and chromers!

2013-02-01_15-33-25_458_zps03f603e0.jpg

So she's basically done. Don't mind the skittles color combos here. Lol. Ill.fix that up. 

Only thing left to do is put timing plate in and one thing i didn't consider. The pro pegs are relocated mounts. So shifter is further than it used to be. So ill cut a banshee shifter and shorten it to fit. Then it's go time. 

Loving the feel already. Ill shine up those lakers. They will.work for now. One pc fronts make things tie in better. Anyone have some red lakers for sale or red Hiper rings. lmk.

2013-02-08_16-33-30_586_zpsf3f08a55.jpg

2013-02-08_16-33-38_744_zps98822a0f.jpg