ideas for winter build (frame color)

sprinklerman

Here;s the deal. I tore the bike apart for PC and smoothed the frame, and pretty much had my mind set to doing the frame satin black. But after doing some more looking,ive seen a lot of other possibilities.... I have black plastic now,and am not opposed to keeping it,but im also leaning toward white plastics,so id like a frame color that will work with either.

So far ive looked at Satin Black ,but also have seen some Flat Candy Powders>   flatcandy.jpg

grnflatcandy.jpg

Now,im not necessarily sold on these two colors in particular , but they represent what a "Flat Candy" or "Flat Anodize" looks like.

then ive looked at the Copper Candy ,which would be the route id probably go if i wanted to go "loud" so to speak. > coppercandy.jpg

The flat candies kind of appeal to me because they can have plenty of "pop" without being too loud.

Anyway,any thoughts,or ideas are welcome! Thanks!

That antifreeze green is so playd out !!!!!! I've seen at least a dozen bikes w that color , it is bad ass I must say , but as an example it would look like locos bike w green and black , maybe white plastics so its different,

ilike the first color that is pretty awesome , will have that mysterious look w the black w a good pop or it will stand out nice w the white...

Don't really like cooper , not my style

Bright colors with white plastics just POP out in the sand. (This next part is a personal opinion, I'm not bashing anyone's ride. LOL) The green and black thing is getting a little worn out to me. (The Monster energy theme is tired) And the whole Murdered out look was only cool if your machine looked like shit and you were looking for a cheap way to freshen it up a bit. I'm digging the TRI-COLORED look. White or even gray plastics with two colors that are in the same family, but different shades. (Like deep blue with accents of a lighter blue) or the same thing with any color. Balanced with the limited accents of chrome over the whole bike.

I saw a dune machine that looked VERY different in a White and neon orange. It looked so different mostly because they did the rims in white!

Another flip look I like is all white chassis with some SICK looking candy painted plastics.

I'm thinking that my next build (the wife's duner) will have a deep dark translucent candy purple over metallic with black chrome and I'll accent the bike with a lighter color purple for stuff like the cases, hubs, small springs on front shocks....something like that.

The wife likes those Meier Carbon fiber gray plastics and if you picture those with a bright accent color....it looks sharp. (Picture Tyler's gray bike with a serious splash of the color of your choice.)

Thanks for all the input. Im really leaning toward white plastics and white VJ seat either way. Im not big on monster green either,just used that pic to show what a "Flat Candy" PC looks like. Although with white plastics,it wouldn't really be "monster", would it?

so im thinking maybe the blue/purple frame and white plastics (think troystang's bike,except flat candy frame) or the copper frame and white plastic.

Any more trends or ideas?

Thanks for all the input. Im really leaning toward white plastics and white VJ seat either way. Im not big on monster green either,just used that pic to show what a "Flat Candy" PC looks like. Although with white plastics,it wouldn't really be "monster", would it?

so im thinking maybe the blue/purple frame and white plastics (think troystang's bike,except flat candy frame) or the copper frame and white plastic.

Any more trends or ideas?

White full bores w white carbon fiber seat or ostrich ftw than u can paint the bike any color choice and look sick !

I almost did my frame copper.  Wish I did.  Love that old chevy copper.

Yea man, im pretty sure im going copper or "candy orange starburst metallic" whatever its called. Have a couple more frame mods,and also have to pick out what accent pieces will have the "orange" on then as well,then off to PC.

I REALLY like the IDEA of the flat candies,but cant find it in the color i want. Thought i wanted the purple/blue color,but changed my mind.