6th gear wide open

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you fucking reading impaired?

There are two people in this thread that act like it's commonplace to do it.

Meth and windy. Learn to fucking read.

No, I wouldn't say commonplace. Not for me at least. I have ZERO interest in finding or worrying about "Top Speed." I also find no thrill in spending alot of time at top speed on my bike.

My high speed riding is done on the dunes because that's about the safest place to be going that fast. Even out on the dunes, I ride at the "Speed of sight" because when I'm going that fast, with all the ups and downs and shaking...my vision will blur and I'll have to lift just to focus. LOL.

This post has a life of it's own and I was not privy to the earlier shout box debate. I have commented once on the topic.

Each person has their own picture in their head as to what WOT means. Phelps is clearly coming at this from a flat road top speed wide open and you won't lift no matter what point of view.

I was commenting that running a machine hard for long periods is not inherently damaging. I would NOT say that you can run WOT at top speed with very little load on the motor for extended periods of time. (If that was the original argument...then I would disagree.)

What I would say is a motor that has a load on it can be run WOT for extended periods at say maybe 9,000 RPM without issue. (To be clear...I'm saying the front side of where ever your peak power is. Anything NOT in over rev.)

Now the closer to stock a machine is, the less power it has and the more the load will protect the motor from reaching damaging high RPM over rev.

Now Phelps.....When I say you can run extended periods at high RPMs I'm not talking about custom pipes or domes or timings to make it run best at that rpm....I'm just saying you can run a banshee the way you ride a bicycle.

On a bike you can pedal as fast as you want and if there is enough load (AKA Wind, Aero Dynamic Resistance, Weight, Road friction, or a hill ) THAT FACTOR working against the power you provide will dictate your top speed and you'll never go into personal over rev. But if your flying down a hill, eventually your legs will be spinning and doing no good. You could keep pedaling fast....but your just going to blow out or hyper extend your knees. 

So if your Banshee is going so fast that your in over rev and not adding to acceleration.....then you would lift and coast till the speed drops enough for the motor to be able to get you back up to the previous top speed. Just like you would while pedaling a bike.

But if you were climbing Olds hill at Glamis, and it was a mile high......as long as you were jetted for the load, you could run that hill to the top pinned.

(NOTE: Example offered in debate of  RPM/LOAD/DURABILITY....not looking to get off track with fuel delivery debate. LOL)

So, I'm NOT trying to side with Meth.....I'm just saying a Banshee that has load on it, is jetted correctly and has air passing thru the radiator, can survive for longer periods of time at WOT than some believe possible. I was clearly commenting on "Burn Downs". If your dumb enough to play around in "Panic Rev Mode" then I would be talking about rods thru the cases, not melted aluminum.

WOT on a flat road for extended periods is gay ass shit and only proves you have no decent place to go off-roading. I've commented many times with people who start 100MPH posts that it's dumb to brag about. If top speed runs on flat roads is your thing.....buy a trailer and go find a hill, a track, a gravel pit, sand dune area....whatever! I live in Illinois. We don't have ANY state land that is legal to ride on. I drive anywhere from 1 to 3 1/2 hours to go ride a decent dirt location (other than local back yard tracks) and it's 4 1/2 hours to the dunes. But I do the drive and even pay to ride at those places because running down the endless paved roads of Illinois takes about as much talent as falling asleep at the wheel.  

great post john and yes. what started the argument was special steve talking about running down a road or wtf ever it was wot for a mile solid. he was also on a new setup (alky) and we were discussing it would never last. i included load in almost every post. if it be a hill, air, gearing as long as it's loaded it will do it just fine. just like my little bet. go out and run a full mile wot and never letting out. not many places to do this and if it's a fire road in the debate the guy is going to lose.

i wouldn't be in here arguing the fact if i had no clue as to what causes engine failure at wot. some ppl think it's just magic. you can run as long as you want. little details also slip ppl's minds such as backing out a few times in the mile, cracking out of the throttle, etc.

the bicycle was a very good way of explaining it for the lesser knowledgeable guys.

But if your flying down a hill, eventually your legs will be spinning and doing no good. You could keep pedaling fast....but your just going to blow out or hyper extend your knee

Good analogy Made me think of this guy I think he over reved and blew the left knee causing death wobbles

Really, John?

TL;DR

Thanks....I know just what to do with your input....

It's only long if your reading it on your phone........I still said less than a 1/3 of what Phelps has said and I didn't have to tell you about how many years I've been riding, list a collection of old machines, tell the world how I use my lawn equipment.......

Stick to reading the shout box......and picture books. The reading is a little closer to your grade level. 

My grade level? Do we really want to compare education here? I don't think you do.

It seems as though in your old age you have lost your ability to distinguish sarcasm from reality. Live a little... breathe... it's going to be okay. 90% of the shit spewed in threads such as these is to get a rise out of people like yourself. People who cannot let go of reality and fuck around a little bit. People who cannot step down from their soap box for 30 seconds and laugh at other people who want to argue about, quite possibly, the most ridiculous topic ever to have reached 9 pages on BansheeHQ.

Your life doesn't have to revolve around flexing your e-cock to a bunch of people who couldn't give two shakes of their own flaccid penis about how much text and emoticons you can throw onto a BansheeHQ thread. The only reason the shoutbox is more interesting is because people don't spend 14 paragraphs writing about useless shit that no one REALLY gives a shit about. I didn't read of of Phelp's incessant ramblings either.

No, go on with what you were saying.

You don't have to rant. If your not reading anyone's longer posts.....the what's your point?

Plus if your not even interested in the topic....then your trolling at this point.

LMAO.....We're back to cheese. SWEET!