Clamps for Air Box Boots/Intale Boots with 32mm Mikuni T.M. Carburetors?

Thack82

I've already bought

• 30mm-32mm Pro-Design Rubber Carburetor Boot's for my Pro-Design Billet Intakes
  • UPP Racing's 32mm-33mm Air Box/Intake Boots

But I cant find a set of OEM Style Clamps for the 32mm Mikuni TM Carburetors. I'm sure the Carburetor Clamps for the 34mm Keihin PJ Carburetors will work with my Mikuni's too if I could find them, if any body could tell me where to buy a set (all four 2-Fronts & 2-Rears for both Carburetors) It would help me out tremendously. Ive been searching for the past two days.

Ive emailed Mike SXS at http://www.mikesxs.net/products-40.html yesterday and ask him to send me the information on the Carburetor Clamps I needed but he hasn't got back with me. I feel pretty confident that he has the Clamps I need because he has a bunch of them in different sizes. I just want to make sure I get the right Clamps, I don't want to take a chance on leaking and tare something up. I pasted the Pictures and descriptions of the Clamps he has on his Web Site Bellow that I think I need but I'm not sure. Please help me out if you can.

Thank You,

Jim Thacker

Band Clamp

15-0672.jpg

Carb Holder band Clamp - 49-55 mm. range. Fits carb holders for stock Mikuni BS 34 CV carbs as used on North American 1980-84 XS650's

OEM Reference #

• 90460-53106

• 3G1-13586-00-00

• 3G1-13596-00-00

- $4.50 USD Ea

Band Clamp

15-0692.jpg

Band Clamp for Air Filters, Airbox to Carb Joints, Custom Manifolds

to Filter Joints and all purpose uses except carb holders.

Fits: 49-67mm. (1.93"-2.64") Diameters

Part #15-0692

- $2.10 USD Ea.

i use a worm drive ,NARROW band hose clamp. they have a smoothed/rolled edge version that wont cut the boots ( similar to the factory ones). Try Mcmaster carr. that where i get mine.

Thanks man I'll give that a try. I have a Mcmaster Carr Catalog here at work can anybody order shit out of that catalog? Last time I had to order stuff they needed a P.O. Number and a bunch of stuff, it might be a different process though if I tell them there dealing with a residential customer.

I measured one of the New 32mm Mikuni T.M. Carburetor's with a set of Digital Vernier Calipers just before I packed them up to send to Mr. Bling to be Polished because they looked so much bigger than the Keihin 28mm PWK "D" Slide Carburetors I had. I scribbled the rough numbers I got on my garage wall for some reason and I went back and looked to see what I wrote down last night and I had wrote OD/ B-63mm, F-38mm. So even though that sounds big that's what I'm going with. I'm going to take a chance for $8.40, I hate to have everything in and put together and not be able to tune it or ride because of a $10 set of clamps. So I hope they fit, if I measured them correctly and these clamps match the Item description they should work. I'll probably go ahead and try to order a set out of Mcmaster Carr too so I will have extras and I can pick out the ones I like best.    

Band Clamp for Back (Big) Side
15-0693.jpg

Fits: 67-73mm. (2.64"-2.87")Diameters

$2.10 USD Ea.
Band Clamp for Front (Small) Side
15-0690.jpg

Fits: 37-43mm. (1.45"-1.69") Diameters

$2.10 USD Ea.