4 mil built need help!

albecao88

Hello guys, I am new to this forum and I am in need of some help. I am trying to build a 4 mil. I just bought the engine it was already built. I need to know what are the right carborators for it and which gas should I run on them. Also which sprackets should I use for better performance. Please let me know, thanks.

Heres the information that i have on the engine. It has a cut tranny 2~5' chromed all, 65mm pistons and 4 mil crank. If this would help please let me know. Thanks

find out what cc domes are in the head what kind of port job (trail mx dune drag ect) and your elevation then we can help

That motor could likely handle a pretty good sized carb.  I don't think I would run anything smaller than a 33pwk on gas.  You compression ratio or static compression will determine what octane fuel you need to run to prevent detonation.  You can either determine this yourself or ask the builder.  You could run alky but you will use about twice as much alky as gas so it may not be a very fun "fun" bike as you will always be getting fuel.  Also, you can set an alky bike up a little different than a gas bike with a different dome size and cut.  May just want to stick with what was running in it before.  Any idea what timing it was running at or if it even has an adjustable plate?

SP