Help please new to shee's No spark TORS?

Mcaff

hi there ive recently got my first banshee.

however after 2 weeks of sitting around it would not start, we identified there was no spark.

had a look at the Stator and it was badly coroded so i have orderd a new one (before i signed up to here i realise now i may regret this)

i have been looking at the TORS system and elimination could someone shed some light on this for me. i am not sure if my bike has this.

here is some pictures of the carb etc ..

B872826B-9CF7-472B-A1F0-CA27175A4FEB-5212-00000130D8EB0E09.jpg

B27198CA-0D9D-479A-94EC-565C41A52C5A-5212-00000130D2C4E37E.jpg

i think this is the tors elimimination kit am i correct?

however i watched a video on youtube and my bike has the cable connected in the throttle seen here:

960F497B-F004-46AE-B7C7-6F2199781056-5212-00000130C36D608D.jpg

and it also has the small black box connected here:

D3DC4424-D2A1-4A69-AB49-BCAB6497333C-5212-00000130BCEFCC54.jpg

i would appreciate any help or light someone could shed on my situation, im at a loose end now trying to fix the thing.

i am no mechanic and im in the UK where the banshee is a rare quad so limited information so myself and friend are trying to sort it (he has more knowlage than me)

thanks

You do have the TORS elimination kit set up. Disconnect the box and go from there. I had the same issue on my last bike.

You'll figure it out pretty quick. Simple fix don't stress. We'll get up & running in no time :)

Troy

Thanks lads for the info, yeah that may be the reason it will not idle at all then. I noticed the choke but in the uk is is proving seriously hard to find parts or find parts of good quality.

What is wrong with a boost bottle? Sorry I'm not sure of the mechanical side I'm just learning, I can ride them fine its just when it comes to maintinence I'm a bit sketchy!

Thanks again great help guys!

The weight of boost bottles has been known to cause the intake boots to rip and lean out the motor. When the motor leans out....you wind up having to rebuild it. Aside from the tearing issue.....they're useless. A few guys here have even plugged the holes to seperate the intake pressures without noticing a difference.......however I'd still recommend at least getting a stock crossover tube and using that. Disconnect the TORS black box and check for spark again. The previous guys were right about the carbs.....they have been modified with the TORS removal kit.......however the TORS brain box is still plugged in.

Also look at the clutch lever.....the may be some wires coming out of that side also that a for the parking brake which also has been known to cause problems. You can clip those wires off and also the wires on your throttle side......just as long as you disconnect the brain box for the TORS.

You need to wind in the idle screw then turn it out about 1-1 1/2 turns, as mentioned above check your choke. Make sure it locks in all positions, when I got mine it wouldn't pull all the way out let alone lock in any position.

Check the small black tube that attaches from one carb to the other. And make sure your carbs are in sync.

Mine would take ages to start all because the previous owner never done any of this, didn't help that he never fitted the screw kit that came with the tors eliminator!

Good luck, it's good to see another uk banshee

Thanks everyone for the replies really helpfull, I will ditch the boost bottle as soon as I get a stock crossover tube.

I will have a play around with the carbs and disconnect the box etc.

My choke on the other hand doesn't lock in position it just fires back in I take it this means I need a new choke?

As for the wires on the clutch I recon they have already been snipped, however I have orderd ASV clutch and brake levers to eliminate the parking brake!

Glenyboy where abouts in the uk are you? And do you know of any good sources of parts in the uk?

Wish me luck I will let you guys know how I get on after work.

Thanks

I'm in Essex a little south if London, I tend to use eBay for parts. The uk dealers have to buy from the states themselves so you normally pay more from them by the time they take they're cut.

Just gotta remember that you'll get charged 20 percent tax on orders over about £40 plus £8 surcharge by the post office.

I bought my choke off of eBay it was about £25 and about £10-12 postage last year, I just checked the price now and it's listed at £27+£27 delivery.

So you may be better of contacting atv world they're the yamaha uk main dealer or contact the link below to see how much postage would be it'll go in a flat rate box.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-CHOKE-YFS200-BLASTER-YFZ350-BANSHEE-STARTER-PLUNGER-CARB-/271092615723?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1e610a2b&_uhb=1

Thanks buddy I know Essex I've got a buddy from there through other forums etc I bought my last Clio sport from Kent so not a million miles away and I have a good friend from Guildford so again I kind of know the area!

I've been using eBay for parts but I just find it pretty limited the selection of parts you can look for.

I will give them a call regarding the choke cheers for that mate

ok so a little success tonight unpluged the tors unit and yay its sparking, however i put everything back together plugs in etc and it still wont fire up.

any sugestions of what to check next?

thanks for being patient with me i have an extreme lack of knowlage of these however i can learn fast!

Yeah I unplugged and took the box away completely and took the cable away from the thumb throttle and unplugged it.

I don't have tools to check compression but I may be able to get a hold of them.

It was started and had it out for a good 3 hours trouble free 2 weeks ago, however I did go through some rather deep puddles.

Thanks