please help me solve this problem...

domlav

Hi, i'm new to this forum, i purchased this 2000 banshee a month ago. i live near montreal, quebec, canada.

please help me solve this problem:

Engine starts very easeley, iddles real good, runs real good a high rev, lots of power. the problem happens when i run at low rpm then suddenly want to accelerate hard. the engine will hesitate for a few seconds before starting to rev up with power. it has a great trottle response under no load, it will hesitate under load only. i want to get rid of this hesitation.

at firts the carbs were way out of sync, now its fixed.

im at 80 fts above sea, temperature these days are around 35 Fahrenheit.

my setup is:

fmf fatty

power core 2

boost bottle

vforce3

stock air box

main jets are 280

pilot air 2 turns out

needles in 4th slots

oil mix 32:1

what could be wrong?

anybody could help? don't hesitate to ask if you need more infos...

thanks alot!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok the pilot controls from idle to 1/4 throttle, the needle controls from 1/4 to 3/4 trottle, form 3/4 to full is the main jet. move the needle from top to bottom, if it runs better with the needle clip at the top of the needle (and not still right) u need the next size up, if it runs better with the needle clip at the bottom (closest to the needle) ( and not still right) u need the next size down. jetting is a pain and time consuming hope this helps. once u get the needle right your main jet could be off you might have to go up or down with that as well, depending on the color of you plug. My opinion of a good jetting is a light tan plug its safe. the whiter the plug the more power it makes, if it is too white you run the risk of melting it down, ( blowing it up)

the colder and more deance the air the more fuel u need. that boost bottle or tube is junk dont wast your money on them they only affect idle to 1/4 trottle when are u ever there your always over 1/4 trottle even in a drag race, no matter what your always in the gas, v-force 3's major over kill on a stock bike, you'll see no differeance from stock reeds. trying taking the air box lid off and running it see if that makes a differance before you jump in to the jetting

its hard to know on here who's right, theres no (use this set up and your dead on), i gave u the formula to help u figure it out, elevation, climate, pipes, motor set up all play apart in jetting. As for the V-FORCE 3's on a stock motor you even have the stock air box.i know alot of guys running them on there 421 cubs with alky all im saying is its an over kill. u would'nt put an 850 cfm double pumper on your stock 350 car motor would u. whos running the v-force 3's (banshees that are making over 70 hp) or for finch motors that are 50hp and up, in any case there built motors not stock.