transmission locked up ?

amado814

I'm looking for a few opinions on an issue I got . I was riding and I heard a whirring noise, then it went away , before I knew it my quad wouldn't move , as if it were locked up , quad starts fine , can't find neutral , I have to pull in the clutch to move it at all , I'm not sure even where to start , any help is appreciated. By the way my chain is not binding at all .

Depends what your budget is. If your gonna stick with the stock crank......I'd definitely at that point I'd go send that crank off and get it welded. It's usually around $60-75 to ensure it doesn't seperate. Worth the money.

Then I'd do some tranny mods but you don't need the cases split to do that....

stock modified transmission is best.. the wirring sound was probably a bearing locking up or your clutch basket bushing locking up. either way you probably have some damage to a few gears or at least a shaft.. you will know more after you split the motor or even after just removing the clutch cover. do that first and see if there is something external you can fix..

other than that a full inspection to the motor is a good idear. unless its brand new there are probably a lot of parts internally that are worn or worn out. i'd suggest the crank true and weld and also a better clutch basket and if it still has it at least an aftermarket clutch. from there out you just need to see what you have in there.

dont use atf in it , and check your oil regularly change it every few rides also.