Vitos 465 cylinders

Paulie B

Haven't dealt with the 10 mill cylinders, but the 4 mills have pretty high intake porting. (I think they were 198-132) We ended up running a 7 mill crank to get the timings back in line. (I think there is a bike in the for sale post listed as a 103HP bike that has the same combo of 4 mill cylinders and 7 mill crank.)

NOTE: the cylinder material is a little weak at this point, so they have to heli-coil the head stud holes before they leave Vito's. We had 3 head studs pull out heli-coil and all just torquing the head down for the first time. banghead

With a TON of porting and adding worm holes we got the ones we were reworking up to 89.8HP on pump gas, but the torque was still a little low. So.......I'm still a CP cylinder fan as far as that goes. :shrugani:

Aw man not the info I was looking for but I appreciate you sharing.

I had had the head off several times without helicoiling the studs so either they fixt that or I'm getting lucky.

At this point these jugs seem to be the exact opposite of what I want.

what exactly do you want paulie? if you want alot of torque and midrange get a 4mil or 10 mil serval with a clean up port.

Well the cylinders are coming with heli-coils holding the head studs in as shipped. You don't have to do it....they did already.

We had 3 heli-coils pull out and had to use timeserts to get the studs to hold.

Fully ported 4 mill cylinders with 7mill crank, 34PJ's and small bore shearers

89.8 HP on pump gas.

I've been running them for a while now. They are a giant step-up from my ported stock jugs but I'm lazy.

It's not always a drag race when I ride. I might sell them for something else.

The 4 mill version has zero bottom end or mid range.

The 4 mill version has zero bottom end or mid range.

I have to get my bigger carbs on. I still have stockers on but it has the same bottom end as my old combo with a ridiculous top-end.

I'm easily entertained I guess.

I'm running wht I call an all stock combo. Stock head, reeds, carbs, airbox..... It's still a pretty fun ride.

Edited by Paulie B