T rex cylinders

4mildkue

Ive got a 4mil stock cyl and i want to put some trex cyl on there are they worth the switch or should i keep the stock cyl an info would help..motor specs 4mil stock cyl 35mm lectron on alky cut tranny drag ported

spend a little more for a small block twister !

trex cylinders are old school, even the stock cylinder has been around longer they just dont cut it anymore. And they are very expensive! As much as i love mine i wouldnt recommend them to someone wanting to change setup. You just never see them anymore and they require a lot of porting to really make them run, by the time all that is done you could build two cubs! lol

About the only 4 mils that are going to get 120hp would be a 4 mil DM setup @ 540-554ccs. Thats basically a huge bore cub type cylinder. Most T-rexes are going to be in the 70s and 80s for HP. Ported by a great builder they can be just as good as a cub but you are still in the 110-115 hp range with probably a $2700 topend when you are done I am not sure how much a new t-rex runs. 120 hp is doable but probably very hard with a 421-427cc 4 mil. Just go bigger if you have to have 120hp.

If i could do it all over again, I would put my trex engine into a dune bike, its amazing the low end it has, especially when the powervalves were functional. Then I would have just went with a drag ported stock cylinder for my drag bike, i just never really got into the cub era. I mean they run awesome, I just like the stock cylinder look and originality.

A T-rex cylinder will run as good as any other cylinder of the same displacement when ported correctly. At the last HQ ride, Jason Kearns 535 T-rex was as fast or faster than all the bikes there around that displacement. I made a couple passes on it, and it will easily give any 10 mill (610) DM a run for its money. I was told it has already taking down one of the site sponsors 10 mill DM.

A T-rex cylinder will run as good as any other cylinder of the same displacement when ported correctly. At the last HQ ride, Jason Kearns 535 T-rex was as fast or faster than all the bikes there around that displacement. I made a couple passes on it, and it will easily give any 10 mill (610) DM a run for its money. I was told it has already taking down one of the site sponsors 10 mill DM.

Gary you are 100% correct about the t-rex's. Done right cc for cc they can run with just about anything. But if they are not done right they are worthless