Head problems

hunt3rm008

i recently rebuilt the topend of my banshee, she started up on the 5th kick and now starts either the first or second kick. while breaking it in it the exhausts blew out alot of white smoke, and it smelt really bad. not like my friends banshee. so i assumed the head gasket was bad and bought a new one. after replacing it, it still does the same thing. the exhausts blow out a lot of smoke, its white, and it does not smell normal. what do you think could be my issue? thanks for the help -Hunter

i recently rebuilt the topend of my banshee, she started up on the 5th kick and now starts either the first or second kick. while breaking it in it the exhausts blew out alot of white smoke, and it smelt really bad. not like my friends banshee. so i assumed the head gasket was bad and bought a new one. after replacing it, it still does the same thing. the exhausts blow out a lot of smoke, its white, and it does not smell normal. what do you think could be my issue? thanks for the help -Hunter

Did you do a leakdown test? Does the smell smell like burning coolant, or burning oil?

how long since the 2nd headgasket. it depends how much coolant is in there. i once had to pull the exhaust off and dump coolant out of it. lol otherwise just running it will eventually burn it all up if there isnt a ton in there. how does it run?

i replaced the head gasket after riding it for 20 mins and then rode it for about 30 mins with the new gasket. when i ride it i was babying it but it ran great, it felt like it wanted to take right off, but it still smoked alot. the coolant level in the radiator didnt seem to move much so i dont know.