Buying Fuel

Hummer84

Just go to the pumps the big-rigs use. Duh. I can fill my titan tank in my F350 in one shot no problem. No pump shut off at $75 like you guys talk about. That's some gay shit.

Traveling with a 40' Toyhauler I mainly target Truck stops to stop and fuel up at since they are easiest to get in and out of. I do use the same pumps "big-rigs" use and I STILL get shut off at 75.00 dollars.

Yes its gay shit!

That being said, the big-rig guys right next to me have over 500 dollars worth of fuel and still going.......Beings they work for a trucking company Im sure they have something that dosent limit them at 75.00 dollars at a time for fuel.

I was just trying to see what the everyday guy uses to fuel up without having to do it 75 bucks at a time....banghead

• 2 months later...

I had a Amex gift card and put 50 in my truck, I use the card to buy a drink and it was declined. I call the number, they said the station will hold 75 till it clears. Not all credit transactions are immediate. So you can run the card out of money but still use it for a day or two till all the transactions go through. I don't really know what the fuck he was saying. Something like if you fill up its a undetermined amount so they stop it at 75 to back against funds or some shit. I think I was talking to some guy in Pakistan anyway, so I didn't catch much of what he was saying anyways