Buying Fuel

Hummer84

So I made the trip to the LS HQ ride and back towing my 40' toyhauler with my 11 Mega Cab Dodge and I averaged about 8 mpg overall.

I spent 840 dollars in diesel. I know most of you think Im pissed about the mileage and the amount of money spent on diesel but Im not. What chaps my fucking ass is every diesel pump I pull up to will only allow you 75 dollars at a time paying at the pump! What the fuck is up with that! Diesel @ 4.00 a gal will take way over 75.00 to fill it up!

I asked a clerk at the station why they done that and she said it has nothing to do with them that the limit is set by the card suppliers. Visa/Mastercard.

Well what the fuck, so your telling me a bunch of tree hugging Prius owners set the limit for buying fuel. Yea Im sure 75.00 bucks will fill a fuckin Prius up, prolly twice!

So how do some of you guys get around this bullshit? I know some of you even have drag tanks in the back of your truck. Do you just keep sliding your card 75.00 at a time till you get everything filled up?

My Dodge is going in for full deletes, H&S Tuner, and a Titan fuel tank on Monday. It'll boost the mileage some and give me more fuel so I dont have to fill up as much.

But its still going to chap my ass to keep sliding my card 75 bucks at a time till I'm full!

So I made the trip to the LS HQ ride and back towing my 40' toyhauler with my 11 Mega Cab Dodge and I averaged about 8 mpg overall.

I spent 840 dollars in diesel. I know most of you think Im pissed about the mileage and the amount of money spent on diesel but Im not. What chaps my fucking ass is every diesel pump I pull up to will only allow you 75 dollars at a time paying at the pump! What the fuck is up with that! Diesel @ 4.00 a gal will take way over 75.00 to fill it up!

I asked a clerk at the station why they done that and she said it has nothing to do with them that the limit is set by the card suppliers. Visa/Mastercard.

Well what the fuck, so your telling me a bunch of tree hugging Prius owners set the limit for buying fuel. Yea Im sure 75.00 bucks will fill a fuckin Prius up, prolly twice!

So how do some of you guys get around this bullshit? I know some of you even have drag tanks in the back of your truck. Do you just keep sliding your card 75.00 at a time till you get everything filled up?

My Dodge is going in for full deletes, H&S Tuner, and a Titan fuel tank on Monday. It'll boost the mileage some and give me more fuel so I dont have to fill up as much.

But its still going to chap my ass to keep sliding my card 75 bucks at a time till I'm full!

Josh we had the same issue on the way back, and then to top it all off we used the card in so many states they shut it off yes I agree its bs

i get the same bullshit from them too. "its your card company that sets the limit" There must be some truth to it as it is the same at many places however some do allow me to go to 150, i dont know, its fucking gay though. I carry 65 gallons and have had to swipe as many as 4times before. the shit deal is if i use the same card more than 2x at the same pump, my bank shuts the card off as they said that is the first thing people do when they steal a card is go fill up all their friends cars. So i keep 2 cards and alternate swiping them to fill up. Completely fucking dumb. it makes sense when fuel was 1.05 a gallon, not at 4.50

I've had same issue but like has been said I've used the same card a different stations. Some shut down at 100 some don't. How is that the card company? They like some stations better than others? I get the idea but if they're gonna do it let's be consistent. What if you go to a truck stop and use the semi pumps? Does it do the same thing?

Same here. But if I try to swipe my visa check card again it declines. I have to wait like 5 min. So most the time I swipe mine and get $75 then swipe my wifes card to top it off. When I fill up my transfer tank and truck it costs over $500 so I knly do that locally and write a check for it and they run it electronically. I had to up the limit on my checks at the bank even. It had a max of 300.. So when I drove to LS I just went and got cash from the bank.

Josh we had the same issue on the way back, and then to top it all off we used the card in so many states they shut it off yes I agree its bs

O yea, I learned that right off the bat, anytime we leave the state of Texas we call the bank and let them know what our travel plans are, Ive had them shut me down after crossing state lines and nearly got stranded due to the shutdown of my card.

How can you say pruis owners and tree huggers are the reason you can only spend 75 at the pump? And if that is your limit, you need a better card, mine is $150 on some and unlimited on some.

Wasnt trying to step on any toes Zilla, but after the clerk told me it was the card suppliers( Visa/Master) the image of some Prius driving tree lover that never has to fill up a truck with 150 bucks worth of fuel stuck in my head that is against burning fossil fuels in the first place so they put a 75 dollar stop on all cards just to get back at us. If you got a 150 dollar limit on your card Id love to know who you bank with or what kind of card you use.

I went by my bank today and tired to see if I could get the limit upped on my card for fuel. They said they have nothing to do with that and that its the fuel companies in general that set the limit. Makes no sense, they just point the finger at each other! I just want to be able to pull up to the pump, fill up my truck with one swipe, get my receipt and be on my way! I have tried major truck stops and still get the same 75 dollar limit.

Figured someone on here knew a loop hole in this bull shit!

O yea, I learned that right off the bat, anytime we leave the state of Texas we call the bank and let them know what our travel plans are, Ive had them shut me down after crossing state lines and nearly got stranded due to the shutdown of my card.

Wasnt trying to step on any toes Zilla, but after the clerk told me it was the card suppliers( Visa/Master) the image of some Prius driving tree lover that never has to fill up a truck with 150 bucks worth of fuel stuck in my head that is against burning fossil fuels in the first place so they put a 75 dollar stop on all cards just to get back at us. If you got a 150 dollar limit on your card Id love to know who you bank with or what kind of card you use.

I went by my bank today and tired to see if I could get the limit upped on my card for fuel. They said they have nothing to do with that and that its the fuel companies in general that set the limit. Makes no sense, they just point the finger at each other! I just want to be able to pull up to the pump, fill up my truck with one swipe, get my receipt and be on my way! I have tried major truck stops and still get the same 75 dollar limit.

Figured someone on here knew a loop hole in this bull shit!

Go to a truck stop and use the semi pumps. No way they shut off at $75. And they'll filll ya up in a hurry!

Ive never had a card limited, to fill up my truck is always around $140 or more. But i have to go in the store for red bull and Copenhagen also. Its got to be just at the pump.

TON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk