2-1 jetting help

Vicstuff

Looking for some help on jetting at about 2000ft. My 2-1 setup is currently dialed for 7000+ ft where i trail ride mostly but may be running to kansas to do a harescramble. any 2-1 guys that can help me out? specs: stock stroke .20 over, ported, piped, k&n pod on a 35 pwk, cool head. TIA! :cheers:

What are your jets at now? Where at in Kansas are you gonna ride?

I need to pull the carb off and doublecheck but I think its a 175 main and a 40 pilot again have to doublecheck. it runs great at altitude here in colorado but im hoping for someone at a lower altitude to help me out so I dont have to buy a brazillion jets lol, and we will be running in dodge city

what pipes you using?

what kind of port?

you sure you don't have an air leak with that big of a main jet at 7K ft?

because a 175/40 combo doesn't seem rights.

also what is your needle?

most people run in the 150-155/50-55 range with an eek needle.

t4's

pretty aggresive unsure of who or what exact port

pretty sure havent done one recently, it does seem to bog out some but off reading plugs its running right, but now im second guessing myself.

needle is a stock dgk? dont remember off the top of my head

I'll pick up a eek needle and try that jetting is that sea level recommendations for those jet sizes?

Thanks for the help!!

go check your jetting and report back.

and those numbers are just the average people see normally with the single carb.

i was running like a 160/60 combo, with a weird needle, but i had a bigger carb.

also do a leak down test to see if you have an air leak.

should of stated this already .. tired lol

did a leak good there, 172 main 40 pilot plugs do look pretty rich just looked up needle it is a dgk

something just doesn't seem right. but when you go down in elevation, you need more fuel. so get a bigger main and a bigger pilot.

tbh it does stumble on occasion and if i dont clutch it right on the trail it will run a bit boggy so maybe it is running a bit fat, I just looked up on jetrus's website and they dont even have a eek needle lol but by their pwk 35 chart my dgk needle is probaly not what I should be running anyway..... maybe I just need to put my duals back on lol

I'm at 1000 feet...pwk35 dek needle..165-45 with DMC 916...closed lid foam filter...perfect

I've found the closest to perfect at my elevation is 165 to 170 main...

I also get roughly 50 miles on a factory tank

are you ported at all and stock stroke?

I am not ported and I am on stock stroke....

However I just redid top end and went with Vito's superstock pistons and bumped up to a 180 and the jetting is spot on...and I'm still right around the 50 mile mark fuel mileage wise....

Well I ended up with a 160 main and a 48 pilot and it ran fucking awesome, til my left front lower ball joint exploded off a jump lol. thanks for all the advise though fellas got a real good idea where it needs to be where I ride in CO now. :cheers:

• 3 months later...

well back to the drawing board and opinions. motor is rebuilt now and trying to jet jetting right before i heat cycle the motor, mx port pc pipes, rad valves, 35 pwk, cool head with 19cc domes, have a eek and eej needle for it eek is currently in was planning on a 150's main and a low 50 pilot? oh also riding is mostly done at 7500 ft and above. :cheers: