Spark problem

OhioShee77

occasional spark....only one plug wire will spark then it switches to another then nothing the both then just one again...wtf...any ideas? new good testing stator, pickup coil, coil and plug caps,new cdi, new flywheel...every wire and connector checks good in the harness front to back...wth could the problem be? every once in awhile it'll try to start but hasn't yet. wet but not to wet plugs so it's getting fuel. any ideas would be a great help and releif as the wife wants to sell my shee!:angry:

occasional spark....only one plug wire will spark then it switches to another then nothing the both then just one again...wtf...any ideas? new good testing stator, pickup coil, coil and plug caps,new cdi, new flywheel...every wire and connector checks good in the harness front to back...wth could the problem be? every once in awhile it'll try to start but hasn't yet. wet but not to wet plugs so it's getting fuel. any ideas would be a great help and releif as the wife wants to sell my shee!:angry:

Does it still have the TORS system ??

i had that idea as well so i scotchbrited them not that they were rusty but just to clean um to see if it made a difference and no difference.bangheadbangheadbanghead i just wish i could figure it out, i really dont want her to sell it cause of something stupid. i've done so much my brain hurts. even had my son wiggle and bend the wires as i was checking, hoping it's just a bad wire and everything checks out good. anyone ever had the connectors inside the quick connector loosen up and not make correct contact with the cdi? they look good but maybe not?!? :confused:

Do you have a key switch? Could be suspect also check your kill button and tether. If you haven't already clean out your harness of old stuff like tors lights and other non imporant stuff and look for damaged wires

my key switch would kill power sometimes. So i chopped it out. ?? Dont know if thqts your problem since it's firing on one side sometimes. coil?

i've went thru all the wiring and ohm testing once again everything is checking out...no key switch anymore red/black from the cdi is grounded out to the frame....as well as i made a new ground wire for the coil and it is grounded out to the frame with the rest of the grounds. is there an ohm requirement for the orange to coil from cdi wire? i'm going out to pull the flywheel, i marked the shaft nut and flywheel as to see if it sheered the key and it's not moved but it acts like the inside magnet is broken or something. even though it's new i noticed the guy who changed it used an impact to put the nut on.