Porting

87BRBanshee

Could I get a Drag/Dune port and still run stock bore and stroke with 28mm PWKs and T-5's? I was thinking about just doing a mild port but i would like to go with a 4mil sometime in the future. I'm not a big racer at all, just some drags with friends but nothing serious.

You sure can. However if you're planning on a 4mil in the future you're going to have to have it re-ported. So you may as well do both at the same time. I had a similar setup, well actually almost exact and it fucking ran HARD.

Similar before or after i go 4mil? So if i get porting done then want to go 4mil will i need new cylinders, or can i just get those re-ported? And if i get the porting before i go 4mil should i be able to keep up with a 250r with a 310? just wondering cuz my friends got one and i want to beat him lol

Similar before. If you go to a 4mil with porting you will see a bigger difference. Once you port, then go 4mil later you have to re-port the cylinders otherwise your timings are going to be off. Id just do then both at the same time then you will be happy with the power for a while. Just porting will cost you more money in the long run because after a year or so you will want more.

A 310R is no joke by the way..

About how much am I gonna spend going with porting and a 4mil? I know its gonna be up there (It part of the hobby haha) im just looking for a ball park number

I had a friend build his 250r into a ported 330( from ESR I think) That damn thing was quick!! I went to HJR and got the 4 mil dune port and walked all over him! The best part is that this is my play bike for cruisin around the dunes and it's actually easier to ride now than the basic modded motor.

You won't be disappointed! And I can keep up with anything on the hill that isn't an all out drag bike!

If all you are looking for is beating a trx with a 310 kit you can do that with a good set of pipes and proper jetting.

Now with that being said , 4 mill is a great option but educate yourself on all the differnt options.

There are many different 4mill kits out there. IMO run one without any spacer plate and get custom cut domes.

And be carefull there are 4mill cranks out there without longer rods. If you go 4mil, go with a long rod and use 795 pistons.

With that being said, a stock crank, stock rod poerted banshee will run hard, even without the PWK28's.

There is no doubt a 4mil is a better way to go but if you already have a stock crank that is welded then port it and enjoy.