Sniper Inframe Review

SonOfSand

I Have been running the snipers now for a couple of months, but I have held off on my review because I wanted to have time to tune and ride, then let the data settle so I can give the most accurate opinion.

1- Fit, Finish and overall quality. I am VERY pleased with the snipers in these categories. The snipers go on and come off very easily, I did have a problem with my pods rubbing the stingers... but the problem was with my setup, Jim and Gary were very helpful in resolving the issue.

2- Performance. I had small bore CPIs prior to installing the Snipers. First I had to re jet the snipers... Going from a 145 main to a 150 is what the snipers needed. In addition to that (and this seems weird) the mid range was MUCH easier to tune with the snipers than the CPIs. I could really hear and feel what the engine was doing with the snipers.

The power delivery of the snipers feels very similar to the CPIs, However, the snipers do have more at every RPM. In addition to the performance increase there are two perks of the snipers I love... first is the sound! With the stainless steel packing they sound incredible. Second, they weigh 2.5 lbs light than my CPIs.

Overall I am very pleased with my snipers and would recommend them to anyone wanting a great performing exhaust.

nice review! any chance of gettin a vid so we can hear these pipes?

I will try and get some video this week at the dunes.

Here is a short vid with the snipers on a 421 serval. Sorry the vid is sideways 1e2d9182.mp4[/img]

Magget, are you running the stainless or fiber glass packing?

great review! Just finished my motor and have snipers as well. They are great looking pipes, fit was perfect, excellent finish, LOVE the sound of them! maybe just a little on the loud side for those that ride where there are noise restrictions.. just need to tune. what are your jetting specs? I've got 35pwk - 45 pilot 150 main cel needles.. seems close, just haven't had time to do final tune or ride it yet.

Edited by So Cal Banshee

So would you say your most happy with the fit/finish and sound than the power improvement? I'm just trying to grasp some knowledge from an owner, I mean do you truly feel the 10HP gain? I guess any gain is better than none..

I would say I am slightly more impressed with the fit, finish and sound over the performance gain. But only because In my mind I might have built up too much expectation for performance improvement. One thing to keep in mind... I have domes from Andy designed specifically for shearer's, I would probably benefit from domes designed for Snipers. Maybe then I would realize the "10 HP" gain... which maybe I have achieved, but without a dyno to illustrate it... I may not know.

great review! Just finished my motor and have snipers as well. They are great looking pipes, fit was perfect, excellent finish, LOVE the sound of them! maybe just a little on the loud side for those that ride where there are noise restrictions.. just need to tune. what are your jetting specs? I've got 35pwk - 45 pilot 150 main cel needles.. seems close, just haven't had time to do final tune or ride it yet.

I run 48 pilots, 150 mains, and CGL second from the top. Keep in mind.... I ride at 5000 feet ele, and run straight AV gas... which might jet a little differently.

• 1 month later...