Get Rid Of My Toomey TR-6s Or Not?

I ride GNCC, XC type trails, some fast long trails,few fields and i have TR-6s and i like the pipes but im trying to decide whether or not i need to look into getting rid of them for something else like T-5s or Pro Circuits due to the fact that sooner or later im gonna be running 20 or 21 cc domes, VF3 ( or VF4 lol) reeds and possibly either ported jugs or Vitos SS pistons, 28 or 30 mm carbs eventually, i cant really find any info on people running mods like that with tr-6s.

I know their built for a close to stock bike but what about for an XC type bike? and can they work well for that style of riding or would i be better off with just t-5s, ive heard a few people say they can be awesome for a trail shee with the right setup and have good low and mid type trail power but i cant find any info to support this. Alot say after porting and stuff they hold you back a lot and would be better with t-5s for any style of riding. Im just trying to get this info straight in my head so i know what to do and maybe go about selling them and getting another set of pipes here real soon.

I ride GNCC, XC type trails, some fast long trails,few fields and i have TR-6s and i like the pipes but im trying to decide whether or not i need to look into getting rid of them for something else like T-5s or Pro Circuits due to the fact that sooner or later im gonna be running 20 or 21 cc domes, VF3 ( or VF4 lol) reeds and possibly either ported jugs or Vitos SS pistons, 28 or 30 mm carbs eventually, i cant really find any info on people running mods like that with tr-6s.

I know their built for a close to stock bike but what about for an XC type bike? and can they work well for that style of riding or would i be better off with just t-5s, ive heard a few people say they can be awesome for a trail shee with the right setup and have good low and mid type trail power but i cant find any info to support this. Alot say after porting and stuff they hold you back a lot and would be better with t-5s for any style of riding. Im just trying to get this info straight in my head so i know what to do and maybe go about selling them and getting another set of pipes here real soon.

i think pt mids would be good for trails

I had A&s racing do a t6 port job and mill the head on my shee. Shee ran real good. Lots of low-end power. But I recently switch to sb cpi inframes now its crazy fast. The t6 pipes limit motor that can b done tho...

Edited by 06bansheeboi

I had A&s racing do a t6 port job and mill the head on my shee. Shee ran real good. Lots of low-end power. But I recently switch to sb cpi inframes now its crazy fast. The t6 pipes limit motor that can b done tho...

Damit ! I just got a Banshee recently it has T6 pipes on it they look awesome and the bike is currently stock I only have k & n s and t6 pipes so far but .I would venture to say they wont be on it for to long if its gonna limit getting the most gains out of it hahhahaha

The answer to your question is...........Get something else.

We've built some motors with some pretty heavy porting and still were able to make 75+ HP with FMF's.

I like the FMF's for what you have and even what you'll be getting. Unless you go all out and need to jump into a Shearer pipe. :shrugani: But that would be too big a pipe for what you have now.

I'd go with FMF FATTY's. If you need forestry approved sparky's, get the Turbine cores and you won't feel any power loses.