A Little tight in the rubbers

muggzy

Hey Guys,

I was just installing my new set of PWK 28's with a stock airbox and the rubbers between the airbox and the rubbers are stretched a little tighter than I'd like on the intake side of the carb. does anyone make a replacement set of rubber adapters for the PWK 28's ?

A better question is why he hasnt thrown the air box in the trash yet? LoL

I mostly ride in the woods with a lot of muddy trails and sometimes water. With the pro-flo adapter, there isn't a better set up for my conditions unless I go to a custom airbox and what's the point?

is it passin a leakdown, thats the main concern there.....

We're talking about the intake side of the carbs, you can't do a leak-down test there.

my point was that theres more important areas to worry about lol im sure the site sponsors could get you what you need

Finally, an intelligent answer. Any specific ones in mind?

2mm's should not create any issues. I have stretched the stock boots on to 30mm carbs as the only air box boots they make that are larger are for 35mm carbs.

The existing rubber is completely pliable but stretched so much the stock hose clamps won't fit anymore and the rubber pops off as soon as you let go unless you clamp it while holding it - not good. My concern is that bouncing around under there over time, they'll start to tear like the intake boots do on the other side of the carbs when the TORS boxes or "boost bottles" are left on for a long time. If what you say is true about aftermarket boots, I'm gonna have to find a better alternative.

Edited by muggzy