Pancake bearing?

Hey guys, I just saw this and was wondering, could a bad pancake bearing cause the bike to feel like its pulling when idling in neutral? I have new clutch plates and the clutch adjustment is lined up with the mark on the case, new cable and took the aftermarket lever off to put the stock one back on. But it still feels like its pulling a little in neutral and sometimes the gears dont shift as smoothly. When i pull the clutch and put it in gear it jerks. Any input would really help!

Thanks!

Hey guys, I just saw this and was wondering, could a bad pancake bearing cause the bike to feel like its pulling when idling in neutral? I have new clutch plates and the clutch adjustment is lined up with the mark on the case, new cable and took the aftermarket lever off to put the stock one back on. But it still feels like its pulling a little in neutral and sometimes the gears dont shift as smoothly. When i pull the clutch and put it in gear it jerks. Any input would really help!

Thanks!

No. Pancake bearing will not do this.

Several things could, however...

Misadjustment (I normally align the arrow a little to the left if you're looking at it from the top down)

A worn/grooved/notched basket, inner and/or outer can cause this as well.

You Could have other issues as well, improperly adjusted shifter detent...for one.

Thanks!

If it feels like it's trying to go while running in neutral that has nothing to do with the clutch. I recently went through what was probably the same situation with a friends bike. We were going to put a new chain on and the front sprocket wouldn't turn. I made sure it was in neutral and it took a lot of force to turn the sprocket and when it did turn, the flywheel sorta turned. We split the cases and found that the bushing inside 2nd gear had shifted sideways and caused that freewheeling gear to be in a bind and not spin freely on the shaft. We got a new bushing from a company back east that deals with RZ350 stuff and we glued it in the gear with some thermoneuclear bearing/bushing glue.

If it feels like it's trying to go while running in neutral that has nothing to do with the clutch. I recently went through what was probably the same situation with a friends bike. We were going to put a new chain on and the front sprocket wouldn't turn. I made sure it was in neutral and it took a lot of force to turn the sprocket and when it did turn, the flywheel sorta turned. We split the cases and found that the bushing inside 2nd gear had shifted sideways and caused that freewheeling gear to be in a bind and not spin freely on the shaft. We got a new bushing from a company back east that deals with RZ350 stuff and we glued it in the gear with some thermoneuclear bearing/bushing glue.

Before I'd split cases, I'd check everything on the clutch and cable side of things first.

But you absolutely could be right!

Thanks for all of the great info Guys! I will check everything on the clutch side of things and then if its still no good I will look into splitting the cases, although I really hope I dont have to! I know the adjustment is lined up exactly with the mark on the case so I will adjust it a tad to the left and inspect everything while im in there. I did do the top end recently and had the crank seals and bearings replaced at a nearby yamaha dealer, I hope they diddnt fuck something up in the bottom end :unsure: IF that was the case, do you guys know if dealers do a parts warranty or repar warranty? i did not bring the whole bike, just the bottom end.

Thanks for all of the great info Guys! I will check everything on the clutch side of things and then if its still no good I will look into splitting the cases, although I really hope I dont have to! I know the adjustment is lined up exactly with the mark on the case so I will adjust it a tad to the left and inspect everything while im in there. I did do the top end recently and had the crank seals and bearings replaced at a nearby yamaha dealer, I hope they diddnt fuck something up in the bottom end :unsure: IF that was the case, do you guys know if dealers do a parts warranty or repar warranty? i did not bring the whole bike, just the bottom end.

Good luck getting the stealership to warranty anything that is not covered by manufacturer's warranty. You never know.. it's worth a try.