Cracked Case and cylinder, best rebuild options

BIGSNOR

Hey guys, I have an opportunity to buy a complete banshee for (200.00) that punched the rod out through the case and broke the left cylinder motor mounts as well. Was wondering if you guys thought its worth it to buy this? And what my best rebuild option is. I want something that is as fast as I can get it, but somewhat dependable to play around on dune etc, but can still throw in a drag race from time to time and not be completely embarassed.

Not wanting to dump a ton of money into it, but since I have to buy new cases etc, and new cylinder, probably pistons and crank, thought it would be faster and better to go aftermarket than to just put it back to stock. just wanted to get a feel for what you guys would recommend I do.

I have a spare set of cases for a 7mil trex, however the cylinder on the t rex is junk. But the crank is good also. lemme know. thankyou.

Edited by BIGSNOR

So would the cheapest option be to just put it back stock? or am i gonna pay close to what I could put turn it into a 4 mil, or cheetah cub? I also have the trex topend, which would make it a 7 mil, 72mm bore, 496cc. However one of the studs has stripped out of the cylinder, has been heli coiled, then that stripped, so now it needs to be filled, and re planed. It was leaking anti freeze from between cylinder and head. The previous owner was a butcher, and pryed the head off. Its rough, could be fixed i suppose, but may cost too much to be worth it.

Just up in the air on what I should do with it. Who has best prices on used stock cylinders? and who is the best builder of the cheetah cubs? Have found some used cheetah cub cylinders as well.

So would the cheapest option be to just put it back stock? or am i gonna pay close to what I could put turn it into a 4 mil, or cheetah cub? I also have the trex topend, which would make it a 7 mil, 72mm bore, 496cc. However one of the studs has stripped out of the cylinder, has been heli coiled, then that stripped, so now it needs to be filled, and re planed. It was leaking anti freeze from between cylinder and head. The previous owner was a butcher, and pryed the head off. Its rough, could be fixed i suppose, but may cost too much to be worth it.

Just up in the air on what I should do with it. Who has best prices on used stock cylinders? and who is the best builder of the cheetah cubs? Have found some used cheetah cub cylinders as well.

I just bought one same way. I bought some cases, crank and cylinders from NYUK. Send him a PM. Also watch the for sale section. I've been buying tons of stuff off guys really reasonable.

You can do a 4mil, port and polish, +4 timing and other small things and have a nice running bike and not have a ton of money invested.

I've got an offer for a complete fresh, running engine with a coolhead on it, for 1000. But it will be 1100 or so by the time i have it shipped. Should I do that, or buy a 7mm Cheetah Cub cylinder for new, with my existing crank, and cases that I have, but wondering how much K&T is gonna charge me to tear apart my old motor and mesh it with my other bottom end. Just not sure on what would be money better spent. Obviously the 7 mil is gonna gonna run harder, I just dont wanna dump a grand into the stock motor, if i can build a damn fast bike for 1500.00

have a quote for the 7mm cheetah cub cylinder for 800.00

I've got an offer for a complete fresh, running engine with a coolhead on it, for 1000. But it will be 1100 or so by the time i have it shipped. Should I do that, or buy a 7mm Cheetah Cub cylinder for new, with my existing crank, and cases that I have, but wondering how much K&T is gonna charge me to tear apart my old motor and mesh it with my other bottom end. Just not sure on what would be money better spent. Obviously the 7 mil is gonna gonna run harder, I just dont wanna dump a grand into the stock motor, if i can build a damn fast bike for 1500.00