banshee's being a dick head...

banlee

alright guys i cant figure this out for the life of me... first of all i'll tell you what i have checked and/or replaced: spark plugs, spark plug caps, carps are clean, compression, reads, CDI, stator, ignition coil. and the crank seal is going to be replaced tomorrow. ok now whats its doing: i kick start it and it ideals fine. then i give it gas and it wont rev at all. its sounds something like unnnnnnn. haha and if i hold it to long it dies. but if i kick it and give it gas instantly it will rev has high as i want untell i let off the gas and i does it again. also it back fires every now and then.

any advice would be of much help! i dont know were to go with this!

electrical system or bad gas?

I'm having issues with my 450 and it's either or both of the above, I can tell, well it was having issues with the wiring cuz I could wiggle certain wires and it would die and not start til I wiggled them again but now seems like it's bogging and popping like there's water in the gas too... notsure, could be just the wiring on my bike.

good luck tho! I was just thinking what a pita it is to troubleshoot a stock 4 stroke with all the god damn wires and mine is the suzuki so the fucking fuel injection bullshit is even worse! but yeah, electrical or bad gas seems like a crappy connection in my case for sure doing some of the harm

This is on top of both of your carbs if you have tors on your bike.

b07db99d.jpg

If tors is removed it will be a top with the cable going in only.

5e5c88d3.jpg

There is a control box next to the coil too, unplug it.

The parking break switch is on the clutch lever. We think the switch went bad so eliminate the switch and protect the bare wires from touching ground or any thing. Wrap with eletrical tape. As far as the parking break cable goes, you can remove that too and install the block off plate on the rear caliper. Block off plate is 10$

well looking at the wireing harness the guy i bought it from i guess decited to make his own harness... out of 3 inch peaces of wire and about 20 roles of electrical tape.... : banghead: ... so i dont know if this is the problem but im going to gut it and start over... does any know what colors of wire coming out of the cdi go were?

well looking at the wireing harness the guy i bought it from i guess decited to make his own harness... out of 3 inch peaces of wire and about 20 roles of electrical tape.... : banghead: ... so i dont know if this is the problem but im going to gut it and start over... does any know what colors of wire coming out of the cdi go were?

Check this link out. It has helped me before. Good luck

Banshee Electrical FAQ - Banshee HQ Forums