dead cylinder

made a diff topic about this but still didnt figure it out. installed the tors removal bullshit and cleaned the piss out of the carbs I blasted out the main and pilot jets and bowl and pretty much every passageway of the carbs. get it done and start it and the left cyl isnt smoking out the exhaust. took it around the block and itll come on when your hard on the throttle and when it does theres a loud tinging sound in the pipe. put new plugs in it same thing. the only thing I havent checked is the reeds. They wouldnt do that would they? whats weird is before i messed with it the right cyl was in and out... I dont think the plug wire is bad cause it eventually does hit when your roll on the throttle.... common sense would tell me its the pilot jet but like I said the carbs were spotless when I put em back on. lost here

made a diff topic about this but still didnt figure it out. installed the tors removal bullshit and cleaned the piss out of the carbs I blasted out the main and pilot jets and bowl and pretty much every passageway of the carbs. get it done and start it and the left cyl isnt smoking out the exhaust. took it around the block and itll come on when your hard on the throttle and when it does theres a loud tinging sound in the pipe. put new plugs in it same thing. the only thing I havent checked is the reeds. They wouldnt do that would they? whats weird is before i messed with it the right cyl was in and out... I dont think the plug wire is bad cause it eventually does hit when your roll on the throttle.... common sense would tell me its the pilot jet but like I said the carbs were spotless when I put em back on. lost here

Have you checked to see if your carbs are in sync?

have you checked your jetting? too lean of jetting (say if you put aftermarket pipes on and dont change your jets....BOTH pilot and mains) will cause the same issues.

what mods do you have and what is your current jetting.......and also you can go through and start checking electronics....electrical issues can build on each other like that and cause all sorts of odd things....

the carbs were out of sync so we re set them and got em right.... then the dead cyl was firing and the other one went dead. Its alot better than it was the dead cyl doesnt fire at idle but once you open it up a little itll run... took it for a quick ride and it ran good for about 15 mins then wouldnt rev out and was smoking like crazy. I think im just gonna take it to someone im out of ideas