Cant seem to get my cases to split. Help Pls

This is my 1st complete motor build. I've watches TONS of video's and read lots of great info on here. I've got my whole motor torn down, but I cant seem to get the cases to split. 1st I started tapping it with a rubber mallet, and the first tap I broke off an part of the case (the last bollt that hold the stator cover above the sproket). I guess I can live with that, or maybe have it repaired. But I cant seem to get these cases apart. Any Tops/suggestions? Can that part that was broke off be welded ? it not anything that holds presure or oil.

Thanks for your help!

Just like they said. I then use a razor blade and tap on it gently with a hammer between the cases. I try to only do spots where a slight scratch will not cause any sort of air or trans fluid leak. Make 100% sure you have all the bolts out and it will be stuck together pretty good but the sharp edge of a razor blade tapped between the cases at the rear of the engine usually gets it started for me.

LOL! Make sure you have all the top and bottom bolts and nuts and the little half-moon shape bearing holder that sits behind the clutch basket.

Ok! I'll check on that bearing holder (pretty sure it was off). And all bolts were off. Trying to get this thing apart so I can send it to you.

I use a rubber mallet and tap on the bottom bolts once I have all the top bolts and bottom nuts removed. This is safer than prying on the gasket surfaces and won't damage the threads. Also, did you remove your timing plate?

Yes, you can reweld or rebraze the little piece back on. I did that recently with a mapp gas torch and some aluminum brazing rod. Make sure you file the case and the broken part to form a small "v" when you hold them back together. This will give the rod a better bonding surface.

Also, if you have a billet stator cover, you can bolt that in place (without the gasket) to hold the broken piece in place while you braze or weld it back on.

Ok! I'll check on that bearing holder (pretty sure it was off). And all bolts were off. Trying to get this thing apart so I can send it to you.

Ive also had luck in the past by tapping on the case studs that go through to the bottom of the engine. Use a rubber mallet and whop on the lower studs a few times. If you have never had your cases apart, it will be tricky the first time.

Jared