banshee bored to 390 cc

bansheez1234

hey guys im new to the site. Ive got a few questions about my banshee that im looking at drag racing on flat track either 1/8 or 1/4 mile.

first off what would be a good size for carbs to run.? right now i have stock 26 mm with tors disconnected.

second what should my sprocket size be. currently its a 13 t in front and 41 in the rear? any suggestions on what would be best for drag racing.

I could write pages to answer your question. Browse around the site and you'll find more combinations of motors than there are hairs on your nuts. In order to give you suggestions, tell me a rough budget for the motor, mechanical ability (this will determine if a professional builder is required to service your motor... eating into the budget) and your experience in ATVs and drag racing (which will tell how wild or smooth the motors powerband needs to be). Lastly, what is your budget for suspension?

it is 100% impossible to bored stock sleeves to 390cc

check it

http://bansheehq.com/images/yamaha-banshee-bore-stroke-chart.png\

now a 4mil at .060 over will give you 391

Rookie statement and common in the sale of a banshee........Someone gets the motor bored "40 over" and thinks they just gained 40cc's. :shootself:

Then the new owner believes everything the previous owner told him and he thinks he has a 390 banshee. :shrugani:

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

You do realize that flat track and drag racing are totally different? There is another section for this

:rotflmao::jesterlaugh: He's wanting to race on a flat dragstrip. (I hate those dragstrips that have hills) What do they call them?........Motocross dragstrips. :wacko::lol: