Banshee Build

I'm building a banshee from a bare frame up and I was thinking of starting with the engine first. I ride trails and some opened up gravel roads, I also race a few buddies once in a while. I was wondering should I go with a 4mil, or just porting? Do I have to have the cylinders bored to do a 4mil?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Nick

I just got my bike put back together a few days ago. I had HJR put a 4 mil hot rods crank, MX hardcore port and polish, new reeds and cages, chariot head, advanced timing, and a couple other things. All I have to say is that the bike rips. I do the same style riding you do, trails to fields and racing my buddies on the straight aways. If you want more power this is the way to go. Let me tell you in advance , DO NOT TAKE ANY "CHEAP" ROUTES. Make sure you get quality parts and install. Good luck with your build

I just got my bike put back together a few days ago. I had HJR put a 4 mil hot rods crank, MX hardcore port and polish, new reeds and cages, chariot head, advanced timing, and a couple other things. All I have to say is that the bike rips. I do the same style riding you do, trails to fields and racing my buddies on the straight aways. If you want more power this is the way to go. Let me tell you in advance , DO NOT TAKE ANY "CHEAP" ROUTES. Make sure you get quality parts and install. Good luck with your build

Some trails are tight, but would it overheat or anything? Did you use stock reeds, and did you bore the cylinders, or are they stock with just the port?