Shearer or sniper pipes

Ok so now were back to the fitment issue seems funny it's the same few guys always bitching??

Mine were a new set they fit perfect and there are 4-5 guys I ride with that have them they all said they fit great hmmm?

Ok so now were back to the fitment issue seems funny it's the same few guys always bitching??

Mine were a new set they fit perfect and there are 4-5 guys I ride with that have them they all said they fit great hmmm?

I just used the stock hangers, and never had a single issue. Maybe someone should start a Poll thread. That should get some shit stirred up... :rotflmao:

Yah, it must be a figment of my imagination. Just look through the for sale section. A lot has been repaired, welded on or damaged in some way from poor fitment and quality. Its not just a "few" people. I've personally bought 4 new sets of pipes and one used set..(got pics of all of them) All but one had issues and there are 5-10 guys that I ride with that have had issues.. Funny its the same few guys preaching perfect fit.. I think your in the minority on this issue. Not much more I can add to this thread without being repetitive . So i'm done. If you wish to discuss more about the issues I and others have had. Feel free to catch me in the shout box.

i took it as he was being sarcastic. 100 low lead aviation fuel is def not the same as 110vp, sonoco etc. octane is octane

Aviation fuel is rated differently than automotive fuel in some regards. Im no chemist ,but 100LL will give more detonation protection than automotive 100 octane. Aviation 100LL has a lean mixture octane rating along with a rich mixture octane rating. Not sure what its limits are in reality, but Ive exceeded 10.5 trapped CR in watercraft engines without detonation on 100LL....Jim

100LLL.jpg

Aviation fuel is rated differently than automotive fuel in some regards. Im no chemist ,but 100LL will give more detonation protection than automotive 100 octane. Aviation 100LL has a lean mixture octane rating along with a rich mixture octane rating. Not sure what its limits are in reality, but Ive exceeded 10.5 trapped CR in watercraft engines without detonation on 100LL....Jim

100LLL.jpg

Jim, how much compression and timing to make 10.5 trapped CR in a banshee motor? Just trying to get a comparison?

I love the shit!

100LLL.jpg

Well here's a statement l can agree with.

The 100LL AV fuel actually has a higher Octane rating than it appears if it was rated the same as auto fuel. Lead is one of the better detonation preventers out there.

Tim Bond over at Titan racing says you can go from 100LL to vp110 and can do it with just air screw adjustments. (Basically domes designed for VP110 with work the same with 100LL)

He also says that motors that run on the 100LL end up running cleaner and have better lube from the lead. (The older cars ran leaded and it helped lube the valves and valve seats.)

I'd run the 100LL myself except here in Illinois they treat AV fuel like a controlled substance. You try to buy 5 gallons and they just about pit you on a National terrorist list. :o

So I wasn't kidding. Mailman was running 100LL and it should be just like numbers and performance you would see from VP 110.

108 at the worst.

Jim, how much compression and timing to make 10.5 trapped CR in a banshee motor? Just trying to get a comparison?

I love the shit!

Dave, 10.5 trapped CR is 230psi at sea level ...remember this was specialty watercraft stuff...totally different element than the Banshee world...this trapped CR is not reccomended on a Banshee....Jim

Yep, that was me. Delete it

Every thread that has posts from people with Sniper pipes that say they are better than Shearer have been deleted, because people that do not have them keep turning it into a fight, that is the exact reason there is not much information on Sniper pipes and some people continue to buy pipes with less quality and less performance.