10mil Cub Dyno

BigRed350x

10mil cub ported by Tim @ Titan

Domes cut by Tim, but they were cut for las vegas elevation, so the compression is way down at our elevation (130lbs static compression)

6deg timing

35mm mikuni carbs with a pump and billet bowls

.118 dumps

.116 mains

K&T / Racers Edge pipes

7200ft elevation

Alright, I know some stuff on my setup is not optimal, but I am pretty happy with the numbers I got. The green run was the first run of the day with my "seat of the pants" jetting and the other two runs are after playing with the powerjet. (went from wide open and ended up at 2 turns out in the end) His sniffer wasn't working right, or didn't like the methanol. Its readings were off, so we were just going by the plug readings and the sound of the motor. This was the first time I have ever been on a dyno. It was fun & we had a great time screwing around. I want to get some domes cut for our elevation and get my compression up a little bit and take it back. The air/fuel curve is not correct & I think we ruined his sniffer. :shrugani:

109hp and 55tq. I really like how flat the curve stays once it seems to top out.

80bb22ba.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its already a runner. It still makes me smile every time i get to race it. I made some changes that other drag guys here suggested. I cant wait to get it out again. The first weekend in aug we are planning a trip to KP.

With the rpm spread up top i should be able to shift and still be in the good power if i hold each gear until the big end. Once i put an override in it, it wont matter as long as im up top in that flat zone.

Thanks,

Jared

Did he change the domes that I had in it? When I had the motor it was at 190 psi I think. Tim also dose all my domes! I also had pwk 39s on it. The power delivery is amazon from this motor! Tim sets his motors up for higher compression than that so I think you are down on hp a good bit! You should give Tim a call. Kicking my self for getting rid of that setup!!!!

jared i 2nd what n2 said yur down on power i dont usually add my 2 cents i keep my opinions to my self, lol!!but yes i think yur down on power at least 10 hp in my opinion, if yur lookin for more power ? its in there and im sure youll find it, awesome motor,and a decent little curve, just my opion hell what do i know lol!! great job red!!

Did he change the domes that I had in it? When I had the motor it was at 190 psi I think. Tim also dose all my domes! I also had pwk 39s on it. The power delivery is amazon from this motor! Tim sets his motors up for higher compression than that so I think you are down on hp a good bit! You should give Tim a call. Kicking my self for getting rid of that setup!!!!

Yeah, pretty sure its the same domes. I am at 7200ft though, some the compression will be a lot lower with the same dome profile up here. I am planning on getting new domes for it set up for our altitude. The more I ride and mess around with this engine the more I like it.

- Jared

Did you buy the motor ported or get it done after? I'm thinking about having Titan do my 4mil.

It was already ported when I got it. I picked it up from jmarquez.702 and he got it from N2DeepRacing. The cyls were originally ported by Jim @ Passion, then Tim @ Titan went through and did them again and cut the domes for them. These cylinders are by far the most fun set of cylinders I have had in a looong time. I think even if they blow up on me i will keep them and get them re-plated. I like them that much. I would not hesitate to have Tim do your work. Give Kevin @ HJR a call too, he does some awesome work! You wouldn't be disappointed with either one!

- Jared