Which top end rebuild kit?

Hey I need to put a new top end in my stock bike and trying to figure out which way to go. I found a few places that will bore the cyclinders and then send them back along with the whole kit. One place is $330 on ebay for wiseco pistons and all gasktes, pins, pinclips,rings and bore, another for $350 with samed stuff but with WSM forged pistons. i need it bored cuz it was blown up by my buddy last fall and also wondering if i should just bore to .02 over or go ahead and go for more power with .04 over??? or any other suggestions??

Hey I need to put a new top end in my stock bike and trying to figure out which way to go. I found a few places that will bore the cyclinders and then send them back along with the whole kit. One place is $330 on ebay for wiseco pistons and all gasktes, pins, pinclips,rings and bore, another for $350 with samed stuff but with WSM forged pistons. i need it bored cuz it was blown up by my buddy last fall and also wondering if i should just bore to .02 over or go ahead and go for more power with .04 over??? or any other suggestions??

Contact any of our site sponsors that build motors and they can get you set up with anything you need.

Also, boring the motor that small amount will not gain you any power. Go the least amount possible.

Contact any of our site sponsors that build motors and they can get you set up with anything you need.

Also, boring the motor that small amount will not gain you any power. Go the least amount possible.

Awesome, and whats the best way to know who builds motors on here?? sorry as you can see im just starting out here

http://www.bansheehq.com/yz-banshee-specs-sponsors.html

Follow the links to FAST, Herr Jugs, Wildcard, M&M, and so on

thanks for the link, i m thinking about going with herr jugs, i heard some good things about them. im thinking about doing porting and the rebuild kit(bore, hone, pistons rings, etc) how important is porting, is there decent power gains?

thanks for the link, i m thinking about going with herr jugs, i heard some good things about them. im thinking about doing porting and the rebuild kit(bore, hone, pistons rings, etc) how important is porting, is there decent power gains?

Porting is like free horsepower except you gotta pay for it . Porting can turn your bike into a beast , but it has to be done right , and there is different port work for different set ups . A drag port won't be ideal if you ride trails or mx , talk with your builder , let them know what type of riding you do and your intake and exhaust set up and they can tailor the porting to match it.

if you have the extra cash id definently get it ported!! it will make your bike run like never before!! it will cost ya somewhere between 250ish-500ish depending on the style of port!! you'll probably be on the lower side of that beings how i dont think you'll be after an all out drag port!! its well worth the cash especially if a site sponser will have your cylinders anyway for the bore job! id recommend fast racing because i have had great dealings with them in the past, but im sure you'll get great results from any other site sponser here!! as far as bore size goes.. you really dont get to pick what size bore you want! it all depends on the damage your cylinders have now! they will try to bore the cylinder as small as they can to repair the damage! but to anwser your question there is no noticable power difference, or reason to bore the cylinders any larger then is needed to repair the damage!!

if you have the extra cash id definently get it ported!! it will make your bike run like never before!! it will cost ya somewhere between 250ish-500ish depending on the style of port!! you'll probably be on the lower side of that beings how i dont think you'll be after an all out drag port!! its well worth the cash especially if a site sponser will have your cylinders anyway for the bore job! id recommend fast racing because i have had great dealings with them in the past, but im sure you'll get great results from any other site sponser here!! as far as bore size goes.. you really dont get to pick what size bore you want! it all depends on the damage your cylinders have now! they will try to bore the cylinder as small as they can to repair the damage! but to anwser your question there is no noticable power difference, or reason to bore the cylinders any larger then is needed to repair the damage!!

awesome, thanks for all your help guys! its my first time ever cracking the motor open on this thing and im just looking for something reliable but still with some decent power, i dont do anything crazy just screwing around at home!, thanks again!!

awesome, thanks for all your help guys! its my first time ever cracking the motor open on this thing and im just looking for something reliable but still with some decent power, i dont do anything crazy just screwing around at home!, thanks again!!

Do you have aftermarket pipes on it? Porting won't do a damn thing if you do not have improved exhaust, which should be the first performance improvement you make. Then you need better air filters, reeds, more compression via a cut head or a cool head with smaller domes. There are several mods you should make for reliability also-welded crank, modded shift star, pancake bearing, billet impeller, better clutch and springs, better suspension,etc. You definetly NEED to talk to a builder about what you have now and what you want to end up with and how to get there. The list to improve your bike is endless, and you should ALWAYS make your bike more reliable before you make it faster. Remember, your bike can travel farther in 1/2 hour than you can walk ALL day. And as for your original question, always use Wiseco pistons!

just get the credit card out send it to fast or hjr tell them you wanta go fast. they will hook ya up and send a bill .

banshees eat $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

but worth every penny.

theese guys gave you great info.

ya that sounds easy enough, so i used to work at a cnc machine shop and although they don't do anything with engines, i figured I could ask them to shave the head some as long as its as easy as just taking some material off of the seal surface??, is that all it is and if so how much is a safe amount to take off??

ya that sounds easy enough, so i used to work at a cnc machine shop and although they don't do anything with engines, i figured I could ask them to shave the head some as long as its as easy as just taking some material off of the seal surface??, is that all it is and if so how much is a safe amount to take off??

Take off thirty thousandths from the gasket mating surface. If you want some real fun power gains send it in to me for a port job. Best bang for the buck you can buy for it.