Cross Over Elimination?

I just purchased one also and was wondering the same thing. I've heard people say its easier to tune the bike that way but Idk, that could be bullshit. Hopefully this may get a few responses to set the record straight.

You gettin a set of snipers? Did he mention any problems with those intakes and pipe interference?

Yes, I have a set but have not run them yet because they would not clear my pods. Gary sent me out a second set that arrived on friday and I got them yesterday but I could not get out. Not sure I understand your question, which intakes?

I was wondering if you could just ditch the engine side of the billet halves so you bolt the carb half straight up. I've got the Chariots with internal crossover but I'm thinking of going to the Pro Design intake manifold for V Force reed cages. (no boost bottle). To me they are a simple setup with less chance of air leaks. They look to be individual intake manifolds but I can't tell if they have a hole in the top for the stock crossover or they are just blank. I'd prefer if they are blank, does anybody know?

Here's a link - http://www.bansheedepot.com/proddetail.asp?prod=22-5772

Edited by SpecialEd 05

Those look like this set I have. Mine are BOSS though. Pretty well made the same way without the little diverter plate. I had some similar that u can cut that plate out if need be. Sucks to buy new stuff and hack it though. Here's a pick of my boss ones.

977f2816.jpg

Those look like this set I have. Mine are BOSS though. Pretty well made the same way without the little diverter plate. I had some similar that u can cut that plate out if need be. Sucks to buy new stuff and hack it though. Here's a pick of my boss ones.

Dude that is sweet, thanks for posting that pic! That's what I've been looking for. I'll order the Pro-Design ones though as they're available for stock carbs.